So did you get out on time

1 hour ago, jaffas21 said:

I saw that post saying a last minute extension is being considered until October 31st, is that last minute or after the amnesty has ended. How can they extend it when your already on overstay. That must be a new one

I believe Extensions are issued to people whose current permission is expired. Immigration being closed for  the weekend or a holiday for example, an agent involved too.

9 hours ago, superatoz said:

welll thats thailand for foreigners ... we gotta go with their rules / pay more  

Absolutely Correct ..

Hover  that said , there are those Aliens ,  who  call Thailand , their home land .

So sad , get serious ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, moose7117 said:

I think it will be a line in the sand and they won't do it again, most are not leaving and the Government can say that we gave you enough chances.

That's just it IO was saying you had enough chances, but the government was saying nothing. Now this Amnesty comes out after the deadline of the 26 of September because IO can't handle so many tourist that were waiting for the amnesty extension.  

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:- "So did you get out on time"

Fortunately, YES! On February 15th 2020 to be precise on an Air Asia "Fly Thru" flight from Khon Kaen to Siem Reap in Cambodia. Although body temperatures were being taken throughout, borders were still open. Having sold my car, most of my personal possessions were efficiently handled by Thailand Post and Cambodia Post. This was one of my better decisions in life after almost 20 years of living in retirement in Thailand and sensing that the country was becoming less desirable to live in, especially with the ever increasing bureaucracy surrounding a visa renewal! For me, retirement here in Cambodia is very enjoyable and "hassle free" - so easy to get a retirement visa.

Sounds good, as soon as borders open I will be doing the same.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 5:13 AM, Daithi85 said:

Why would anyone want to book a flight ticket???it's great here you'd be mad to leave ????????????

Maybe they refused his extension of stay?

They never refuse mine because I have reliable income and never needed a doctor except for a vaccination against tetanus (just in case) 

15 hours ago, samisaurus said:

Left on 25th

Currently in Istanbul

Love it

I think this is a blessing in disguise. 

Not returning to Thailand anytime soon. They lost me and my money

Plenty of countries without xenophobia. 

I’m in Turkey too, but down on the coast.

How did you go about finding a long term apartment rental?

I agree everything is better than Thailand apart from the ability to walk into a building and rent a room.

8 minutes ago, finy said:

I’m in Turkey too, but down on the coast.

How did you go about finding a long term apartment rental?

I agree everything is better than Thailand apart from the ability to walk into a building and rent a room.

Unfortunately because it was last minute due to waiting on amnesty, i had to go down airbnb route. Where are you btw, izmir/antalya? 

Yeah I was all prepped everything but the flight but I got that letter from embassy so thought I'd play for another 30 and go from there.

I was worried that I would be rejected with the letter but in the end I sense my familiar face created a chance I never experienced before. Problem solved. A joyous moment for us all.

21 minutes ago, samisaurus said:

Unfortunately because it was last minute due to waiting on amnesty, i had to go down airbnb route. Where are you btw, izmir/antalya? 

Antalya.

I don’t think there are many Airbnb’s here.

I’m going to send some messages on a Turkish rental website hoping some people speak English, or I’ll just go down the agent route in a few days.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:05 AM, jaffas21 said:

Maybe its time to stop kidding yourselves and actually book a flight ticket. Before its to late. 

To late for what?

As always in Thailand there are plenty of choices 

I'm on the amnesty - I will be 50 in April - in April I will be applying for a retirement extension - I fully expect to still be here in April so I can do that

This is Thailand. Just because one Jobsworth in government says there will be another Amnesty doesn't mean there will be!

If any, more likely a very limited sort - you will not be fined or arrested, but no extensions without a very good reason and after October 31st or whenever, you will be arrested and deported. In other words, 'Get out now!'

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rickudon said:

If any, more likely a very limited sort - you will not be fined or arrested, but no extensions without a very good reason and after October 31st or whenever, you will be arrested and deported. In other words, 'Get out now!'

It says unlimited 60 day extensions will be available, no letters required after 31st October (until further notice)

Didn't you bother reading the announcement?

left Bangkok on 24th with FINNAIR to The Netherlands
At arrival in Amsterdam no single check for Covid....no check at all
Also no check at all for passport-bag etc

At the airport and in the country just about 30% wearing a mask,in supermarkets almost ZERO
Unbelievable....now i understand why here is a spike of 3000 people per day getting sick and 36 p.d die.

I am happy beiing married just 1 week before i left and will return in 5 month if nothing bad happens

!#

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

left Bangkok on 24th with FINNAIR to The Netherlands
At arrival in Amsterdam no single check for Covid....no check at all
Also no check at all for passport-bag etc

At the airport and in the country just about 30% wearing a mask,in supermarkets almost ZERO
Unbelievable....now i understand why here is a spike of 3000 people per day getting sick and 36 p.d die.

I am happy beiing married just 1 week before i left and will return in 5 month if nothing bad happens

!#

Hopefully some regulations have changed in the next 5 mths so u can get back in ,but don’t think there will unless a vaccine has been approved 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It says unlimited 60 day extensions will be available, no letters required after 31st October (until further notice)

Didn't you bother reading the announcement?

I have now seen a couple of threads which say the Amnesty will be extended, but i do have 2 reservations :-

1. It has to be approved by the PM/cabinet - 24 hours is a long time in Thai politics!

2. The devil is in the detail - which we haven't seen yet.

Having previously experienced the twists and turns of immigration policies and interpretations in Thailand over the past 10 years, I try to never 'sail close to the wind' on the rules.

• Thanks 1