CCSA to consider guidelines on Sept 28 for Special Tourist Visa scheme

CCSA to consider guidelines on Sept 28 for Special Tourist Visa scheme

By The Nation

800_5b41c5c6f39bb33.jpeg

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is expected to consider guidelines for reopening the country to foreign tourists under the Special Tourist Visa (STV) scheme on September 28, the government's deputy spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul said.

She said the concerned state agencies were ready for reopening the country under the scheme and it will take place when the time is right.

Under the STV, tourists will have to arrive via charter flights or private jets. They will have to test for the virus 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to Thailand and have a health insurance policy that covers Covid-19. They also will undergo quarantine for 14 days once they arrive in Thailand.

The Tourism and Sports Ministry estimates that around 1,200 tourists will visit Thailand per month under the STV, or 14,400 per year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30395184

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-27

I honestly can't believe this marketing campaign....is Big Joke behind it? They'll arrive by charter flight or private plane....so well heeled farangs expected? Well one of two things will happen.....first these 14,400 tourists will be the start of a 40 million wave of foreign tourists; or two, like the Thai-ness campaign, it will all be quietly forgotten. 

17 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

What they should CONSIDER is to consider offering this visa to those who are in-country. Seriously, it would streamline things considerably compared with these last minute massive queues that periodically overwhelm the immigration offices and foreigners here alike!  ???? 

Probably better than border bumps for some.

A post quoting the Bangkok Post has been removed.

Forum rule.

"26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission."

In all of this what about retirees? I can't apply for a retirement visa still. As only (?) retirees can realistically take advantage of the STV I fail to see why they don't just add retirees to the group of 11 and issue an O or an O-A.

Theres still long term retirees and property owners stranded abroad, as well as the so called snow birds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mlkik said:

Yes I agree it is concerning that as someone who has a valid non o retirement extention until Jan 15th 2021 still can not return home to my home and partner.

They were happy enough for me to invest a minimum of 800000 baht in a Thai bank account and secure re entry permit,buy a car and build a house etc but it shows we are not valued even as much as a tourist!

I presume you are not married then as then you could apply.

29 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I see the new CCSA list is now out AND retirees are still not included from my reading of it. Even short term tourism is allowed FGS.

One of the articles I have read states this.

"Non-immigrant visa holders, such as business people who do not have any type of work permit, are now allowed entry, but they must have savings of at least Bt500,000 in the past six months."

The example says such (as an example) which seems to imply that it could include retirees.

Source: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184806-more-foreigners-to-be-allowed-entry-into-thailand/

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I see the new CCSA list is now out AND retirees are still not included from my reading of it. Even short term tourism is allowed FGS.

The Thai embassy london shows non immigrant visa and re entry permit can apply for COE, as well as using 5 airlines

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

One of the articles I have read states this.

"Non-immigrant visa holders, such as business people who do not have any type of work permit, are now allowed entry, but they must have savings of at least Bt500,000 in the past six months."

The example says such (as an example) which seems to imply that it could include retirees.

Source: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184806-more-foreigners-to-be-allowed-entry-into-thailand/

I thought that, but this article suggests not... https://www.thaienquirer.com/18982/ccsa-welcomes-six-groups-of-foreign-travellers-hoping-to-stimulate-thai-economy/

The six groups are as follows:

1. Foreign athletes who participate in the Chalerm Prakiat International Cycling Race from Samut Songkhram to Suratthani on October 6-16. The group will be under 14 days of state quarantine at the local hotel. 

2. A group of 340 Thai Airways pilots and cabin crew on the repatriation flight to Thailand. The group will be under state quarantine as they operated in the US.

3. Holders of non-immigrant types of visa, who are businesspeople without a work permit and are willing to enter Thailand for business purposes by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht. 

4. Holders of Special Tourist Visa which the prime minister will discuss with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and related agencies for the policy.

5. Approximately 100,000 of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Cardholders from low-risk countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, China, and Hong Kong.

6. Foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand for 60 days can extend the duration for an extra 30 days by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for permission.

• Thanks 1