automatic scooter + side car (sa-leeng) recommendations....

4evermaat

I'm considering having a side car (sa-leeng) put on a motorbike.   I was considering buying an used bike or a new one.   But I wanted it to be an automatic shift.   

I was thinking initially Click 125cc with wide seat.  But any other recommendations would be appreciated.

I would not use an auto scooter  with a sidecar   I've seen quite a few  that have difficulty just getting over speed bumps ( maybe they are knackered bikes ? ) 

at least get a geared bike with auto clutch, gears better for heavy loads and can help with braking.

51,500 baht for brand new bike and sidecar.

P_20190615_093803.thumb.jpg.4c5feaed65fc5d073ca76a897ead4416.jpg

Yeah, We have one - they are great tools but I wouldn’t want to use an automatic bike with it.

I think we paid 6500B for ours, ex leopard skin upholstery.

I have a feeling they are not road legal, does anyone have any ideas? I made sure we are powered by a road legal scooter should the police stop me while riding, I don’t know if that makes a difference. Usually they just wave it through, along with all the other unlicensed scoots. 

14 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:
4 hours ago, johng said:

I think they can be legal...the bike and sidecar has to be registered  in the green book from first registration as a "combo unit"

Really? I doubt that very much, first time I heard this.

I think Johng is right. Must buy together bike+sidecar new to be legal.

I got same information from a seller in Pattaya; I you want to add a sidecar to your own bike, it will not be legal. It's not a problem if you are a Thai, but for us farangs...

• Like 1