Car waxing

thoengthaied

I would like to get my car waxed while I'm in Pattaya. Not polished...waxed. Preferably with a hard wax which requires hard work. All I can find when searching is "glass coating" which is probably expensive and not really something with which I'm familiar. So does anybody know of a place where I can get my car waxed in Pattaya? 

• Haha 2

You could buy the wax ,soft99 is a good Japanese brand widely available over here, on lazada or shopee and ask any place to do it. Or you could do it yourself. A good wax job needs, a foam wash, shampoo, clay bar before wax. I import my stuff from the uk 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, uncleP said:

There is a hell of a difference  youtube will showv you. I use one from bilt hamber.

What is the difference ?

I do not believe that any wax will remain after hard rain, so what is better with the expensive brands ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, uncleP said:

This is what I use.... soft99 fuso wax is available on shopee or lazada 750b or so  . Search youtube to see properties of either. 

20201106_163542.jpg

I,ve lived in England for over 60 years and never heard of this product before....:whistling:

35 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

I still would like to know what nobody is able to explain...

look at the list of ingredients & properties.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:02 PM, alacrity said:

Regular waxing merely seals in in contaminants.  Protecting: scratches, swirls and discoloration.

says someone who knows absolutely nothing about how to look after  car paintwork.

Edited by uncleP

7 hours ago, salsajapan said:

I still would like to know what nobody is able to explain...

The best waxes (IMO) provide a long lasting coating, are forgiving and relatively easy to use. Back when I did my own, this was my favorite, long lasting, easy to work with and not too pricy. Loved the way it smelled too. 

A car with a good coat of wax stays cleaner longer, washes better, faster and easier, and is less susceptible to water spotting, and bird-poop damage.

wax.JPG.9e43f8c36b09bf9b32c0becd2c7608b0.JPG

Edited by Yellowtail
forgot picture...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2020 at 1:16 PM, uncleP said:

Some waxes explained and tested. The soft99 Kiwami is widely available in Thailand

2 very boring and very unclear videos.

At the end, the only difference between waxes is that you need to wipe some more than others.

But I do not believe and nowhere there is an evidence that a wax protects better than another one...

On 11/12/2020 at 7:59 PM, Yellowtail said:

The best waxes (IMO) provide a long lasting coating, are forgiving and relatively easy to use. Back when I did my own, this was my favorite, long lasting, easy to work with and not too pricy. Loved the way it smelled too. 

A car with a good coat of wax stays cleaner longer, washes better, faster and easier, and is less susceptible to water spotting, and bird-poop damage.

wax.JPG.9e43f8c36b09bf9b32c0becd2c7608b0.JPG

On my cars back home I used MER (blue can), the easiest and quickest for a nice finish that I have ever used...:thumbsup:

MER.jpg.65c3b482c5065a42dd98adb1fd3026d6.jpg

1043225036_picasabackground-001(2020_09_1104_33_26UTC).jpg.baac886a9ca6fa763bceb8e3a63d4586.jpg

7 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

2 very boring and very unclear videos.

At the end, the only difference between waxes is that you need to wipe some more than others.

But I do not believe and nowhere there is an evidence that a wax protects better than another one...

Well there is evidence if you look for it, and if you'd have been waxing cars for fifty years you would not need someone else's experience displayed in a video to prove it to you. Do you not believe one paint is better than another? There are many different types of wax as well. 

In any event, if (as you seem to claim) all waxes provide the same protection, than the one that is easier to apply is clearly better, yes? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

In any event, if (as you seem to claim) all waxes provide the same protection, than the one that is easier to apply is clearly better, yes? 

Can you explain why some wax are easier to apply please ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samtab said:

Can you explain why some wax are easier to apply please ?

There are waxes you just mix with water and wash your car with, which really takes not effort to use if you are washing your car anyway, and then there waxes you spray or wipe on and then just wipe off and you're done, there are cleaner-waxes that acually polish the finish and add a coat of wax in the process, and then there are "pure" waxes you apply to a clean car that has ether already been polished, or does not need polishing. I'm sure there are any number of other product types as well. 

The last two, cleaner-waxes and "pure" waxes are typically paste or liquid, rubbed into the surface, allowed to dry and then buffed off either by hand or using a buffer. Some tent to go on smoother and buff off easier than others. Some can be VERY difficult to buff off. These both require much more effort than the first two types, but typically provide the best results. The downside to cleaner-waxes is that they are somewhat abrasive, so if you waxing more than a few times a year it is better to stick with a pure wax. 

The Mother's wax in the picture I posted above is the nicest stuff I've used, but I don't think you can go far wrong with any name brand product. I like Meguiar's too and it is more  available in Thailand, but the Mother's seems to work a litter better to me and smells a lot nicer. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, Yellowtail said:

There are waxes you just mix with water and wash your car with, which really takes not effort to use if you are washing your car anyway, and then there waxes you spray or wipe on and then just wipe off and you're done, there are cleaner-waxes that acually polish the finish and add a coat of wax in the process, and then there are "pure" waxes you apply to a clean car that has ether already been polished, or does not need polishing. I'm sure there are any number of other product types as well. 

The last two, cleaner-waxes and "pure" waxes are typically paste or liquid, rubbed into the surface, allowed to dry and then buffed off either by hand or using a buffer. Some tent to go on smoother and buff off easier than others. Some can be VERY difficult to buff off. These both require much more effort than the first two types, but typically provide the best results. The downside to cleaner-waxes is that they are somewhat abrasive, so if you waxing more than a few times a year it is better to stick with a pure wax. 

The Mother's wax in the picture I posted above is the nicest stuff I've used, but I don't think you can go far wrong with any name brand product. I like Meguiar's too and it is more  available in Thailand, but the Mother's seems to work a litter better to me and smells a lot nicer. 

The problem is that all reviews test the expensive brand because they add an affiilliate link and cheap brands are not interesting to sell..

It's so clear that some cheap brands are as good as the expensive brands even though everybody is denying it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, salsajapan said:

The problem is that all reviews test the expensive brand because they add an affiilliate link and cheap brands are not interesting to sell..

It's so clear that some cheap brands are as good as the expensive brands even though everybody is denying it...

First, the cost of wax is not really much in the scheme of things. The was I like costs about US$20 a can. I could spend a lot more and I could spend something less, but waxing my car several times a year the can lasts years. A tank of fuel cost $50 and lasts a week. I think there are cheap products that are okay, but I have not found one I like as well and what I use, so why would I use it? The time and labor I used to put into waxing my car was worth much more than what I spent on wax, so why would I skimp? I liked the smell, it was easy to work with and lasted a long time.

It's worth noting that the same companies that manufacture primum wax for retail sales also manufacture wax for sale to body shops and detailers, why would body shops and detailers waste money on premium wax if cheap wax was just as good? 

Spending an hour or two waxing your car with a cheap wax that is probably harder to use,  likely will not last long  and makes your hands stink to save a dollar or two seems a little silly to me, but you go ahead-on. 

• Haha 2