If ill ,do you lose your marriage visa if cant do it on time?

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

90 day you can do online,by mail,or someone else can take it in for you,

But you must attend the IO to extend extension or retirement or marriage,

I have seen some very ill looking people been wheeled into IO,best thing

to do is go and ask at your local IO if it worries you.

regards worgeordie

Not correct. 

You don't have to visit immigration for the 1 year extension in person if sick or disabled. Someone else can do it for you. It even says so at the bottom of the last revision of the TM7-form.

You need a letter from a doctor, though. But,that's all. 

2 hours ago, garygooner said:

I'm sure I've seen in a previous post that it's possible for someone 'wife' to do it on your behalf if you have a letter from a reputable doctor/hospital. Think you'd have to be really ill though. 

You just need a letter from a doctor,that's all. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you can get a letter from a doctor stating you are to sick to travel you could get a extension for medical treatment. You could then designate somebody to do it for you.

But if you were to break your current annual retirement/marriage extension cycle with a 90-day medical extension (or a series of such extensions), would it then be subsequently possible for you to apply in due course for a fresh retirement/marriage extension without first having to exit the country for a fresh non-O visa?

Edited by OJAS

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But if you were to break your current annual retirement/marriage extension cycle with a 90-day medical extension (or a series of such extensions), would it then be subsequently possible for you to apply in due course for a fresh retirement/marriage extension without first having to exit the country for a fresh non-O visa?

Yes

But the extensions are not always issued for 90 days. Often they are only done for 30 days dependent upon the reason for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Not correct. 

You don't have to visit immigration for the 1 year extension in person if sick or disabled. Someone else can do it for you. It even says so at the bottom of the last revision of the TM7-form.

You need a letter from a doctor, though. But,that's all. 

There you go, you can learn something new, everyday on TVF.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Last year (I think) there was this old foreigner at the IO. Frail, very thin, hardly able to walk, stand up, plus very tired walking up the stairs. His wife handled most of the paperwork and questions. The guy was sort of dazed half the time. Sad, really.

The IO told us the wife called ahead, explained the situation (and apparently, not the first time it came up, even) and they said not to worry they'll send someone over. The foreigner just got nervous about losing his visa, and insisted on coming in person.

Worth checking ahead. Give them a call.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 4:25 PM, Morch said:

Last year (I think) there was this old foreigner at the IO. Frail, very thin, hardly able to walk, stand up, plus very tired walking up the stairs. His wife handled most of the paperwork and questions. The guy was sort of dazed half the time. Sad, really.

The IO told us the wife called ahead, explained the situation (and apparently, not the first time it came up, even) and they said not to worry they'll send someone over. The foreigner just got nervous about losing his visa, and insisted on coming in person.

Worth checking ahead. Give them a call.

I went in my electric wheelchair with my wife and a friend. . Since I'm deaf and can't see anything can't see very well nearly 90 and hand shaking so much I can't sign anything. I also had my portable oxygen bottle, the whole process took only about 25 minutes so it really was not a problem. immigration  were very nice and helpful. I'm not sure whether I can go again next year but I'm told that all I need was a doctor's certificate if I can't

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 11:14 AM, worgeordie said:

90 day you can do online,by mail,or someone else can take it in for you,

But you must attend the IO to extend extension or retirement or marriage,

I have seen some very ill looking people been wheeled into IO,best thing

to do is go and ask at your local IO if it worries you.

regards worgeordie

Disabled people do not have to attend.

2 hours ago, gamini said:

I went in my electric wheelchair with my wife and a friend. . Since I'm deaf and can't see anything can't see very well nearly 90 and hand shaking so much I can't sign anything. I also had my portable oxygen bottle, the whole process took only about 25 minutes so it really was not a problem. immigration  were very nice and helpful. I'm not sure whether I can go again next year but I'm told that all I need was a doctor's certificate if I can't

Gamini, check your private messages, I have sent you mail.

13 hours ago, gamini said:

You can also use your thumb print to sign ( no doctors letter need for this). My friend has to do this he has lost all movement from motor neuron decease.