Waterfront Condo, the End?

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

A shame to see it demolished when it's 75% complet

They should knock the top half off though as it spoils the view from the view points on  the hill behind it.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

A shame to see it demolished when it's 75% complete. Rather than banging their heads against each other like a pair of buffaloes, can't the City and the developer reach some sort of compromise? It might be breaking the law as it stands, but so are quite a few other buildings in Pattaya (e.g. VT7, the Adriatic Palace hotel, not to mention the entire western side of Walking Street).

Totally agree.  I'd rather see some of the top floors taken off as a compromise and the project finished. 

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

If I recall correctly, I believe the developers had been previously ordered to remove the top 20 floors as what they built was not what they told the city they were going to do. 

No, the developer OFFERED to remove floors to get permission to finish the building.

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, sncoem said:

This article seems to miss the main sticking points.

If I remember correctly:

The building should not be more than 60 metres, where it is 90 metres.

Part of the land it is built on, overlaps onto public land.

Plans originally was for a 315 room Condo, but this was then changed to 300 room Condo and 100 room hotel.

The number of parking spaces in the original design was reduced.

The others?

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

No, the developer OFFERED to remove floors to get permission to finish the building.

Actually you are both wrong. Developer did not offer any concessions, but was told to take off 8 floors of the tall tower, and convert 2-3 floors of the hotel into more parking.  It was at this time that officialdom took over and also Kobi E and Jason P divested their interests in the project and it was the up to the money man who actually resided in London. Since then silence from both sides, until a whimper now.

That is a quick overview, as this story, with all its twists and turns would take ages to explain, and of course it's not over yet.