Language Translator

I was watching this TV program "90 day Fiancé"...yer I know , I hate to admit to watching something like that. I watched an episode about an American girl gets married , has a kid to a S Korean guy, they live in Korea, she doesn't speak any Korean & his English is woeful. but they both have these hand held language translators, not like the usual Iphone type where you can only do a limited amount. but 3-4 long sentences at a time--they were having an argument about him having his bank account in his parents name ---he was trying to explain this is not unusual in Korea.  I was very impressed with how quickly the translator worked in a clear tone . They were shouting and  arguing and the machine's (had one each) never missed a beat, and,  I could only tell from the English side but it never came like a Google type translation.

I looked on Lazada and they can go for up to 20K baht, but I don't know what I am looking at. I have to do some extension work, and I am in general interested in buying one, if their as good as that.

Has any had experience with them or can recommend one brand above the others. I do not want to put an App on a phone etc after seeing how good these were.

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I came across a young Bkk taxi driver a while back who had set up google translate (both written and voice) on an iPad.   As soon as I got in his cab he handed me the ipad and said politely 

Next time something like this happens, please use the report function to alert online mods to the issue.   I just happened to stumble over this topic by chance.   Topic moved to IT

...ya know, you could just post a YouTube link to an episode to give people an idea of what you saw and are looking for.   And a simple google search reveals what people think of their trans

Posted Images

I have a written and spoken language translater download on my mobile phone my Mrs said it translates Thai from English very good. 

I just google a translator download and pick it, from a few its been very handy when my Mrs ain't about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tanks Kawasaki-- I have an IPhone have tried a few Apps...but not so happy with it after seeing these other ones working Just 2 buttons over 100 languages,

and ones I am looking at now  77 dialects like Issan etc , its just the speed of them, it really was more of a conversation more then. The Apps are fine they get it right etc.....

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I have a written and spoken language translater download on my mobile phone my Mrs said it translates Thai from English very good. 

I just google a translator download and pick it, from a few its been very handy when my Mrs ain't about. 

is it an off line translator

• Like 1

were they on line or off line, maybe going back to the end of the show, where they show the credits, there could be a mention of some supplier or device name, did you try to access the show website, usually they advertise these type of stuff, keeps us posted, it sounds interesting

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

is it an off line translator

It does both, on line and off ...."they say"  will access the translation and play back in 0.8 second

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

did you try to access the show website, usually they advertise these type of stuff

I will try but that show was over 3 years old so  take the model is available or better now.

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I will try but that show was over 3 years old so  take the model is available or better now.

worth to give it a try.... just a last minute thought, could it be a South Korean device

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

worth to give it a try.... just a last minute thought, could it be a South Korean device

Could be ...but I think if is--they would still market it around the world

16 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

The model looked a lot like this one......

X-F Portable AI Intelligent Translation Machine Real-Time

Translator with Camera 106 Languages for Travel Business Negotiation

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/x-fai106-i1615146922-s4425790795.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.39.36e2e443CbWX1d&search=1

the site doesn't load the pictures

• Confused 1

Yes, its a Lazada site, has the Magnifier glass for the close ups etc......I have taken the name , now doing a search on different sites as theirs no response from buyers for that item on that site