am i able to apply for a volunteer visa

3 hours ago, freesudani said:

Well... if it was gonna be done under the table and through contacts  then my nationality shouldnt matter .

You would need your passport for any kind of visa or extension of stay, and your nationally is stated there. 

Do you understand this? 

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, micmichd said:

You would need your passport for any kind of visa or extension of stay, and your nationally is stated there. 

Do you understand this? 

7 hours ago, freesudani said:

Well... if it was gonna be done under the table and through contacts  then my nationality shouldnt matter .

@freesudani You have a lot to learn about how the visa world actually works.   In short, nationality matters in terms of how  different category of visas are obtained, who can obtain them, etc.   G20-"G40" countries are usually no problem.   Yes, a lot of it is economically driven.   But also depends on diplomatic/reciprocal agreements between countries.

as a side note, as I predicted the amnesty will be extended until October 31st (wait for the formal announcement).

Edited by 4evermaat

Did you have to apply at the Thai consulate in Khartoum to get a visa to enter Thailand?

Issue might be that Sudan seems to be on a list of countries that require applicants to apply for Thai visas in the country in which they are residents, which probably makes issuing a visa elsewhere, including onshore, more difficult:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Africa Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, India, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Palestine, Rwanda, Sao Tome Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia and  Zimbabwe.

Edited by bjaz
  • Like 1