PM Prayut orders immediate crackdown on online gambling websites

webfact

1 hour ago, johng said:

If gambling is illegal why is tbere a state run lottery 2 x per month ?

Not to forget the underground lotteries that use the same numbers but have better payouts on the two and three didgit numbers. Of course these are mainly run by police and local government figures so if online gaming is affecting their income then of course it should be clamped down on.

• Like 2

If you haven't been closely affected by online gambling, it might be difficult to understand how perverse it is:

1. Use of colours, sounds and timing, designed to heighten an addicts dopamine response
2. If the person wins, they make them jump though hoops to get their winnings. Can take weeks, after so much documentation required. They then stagger the payments over time and send messages encouraging you to have another go, with what you've already won
3. Birthday and celebratory tokens of $100 free, to have a another go.

You could say, just don't open the email or visit the site. Which is like saying to an alcoholic, just don't go to a bar or enter a liquor store.

Online gambling is a scourge on society. In Australia, frequent TV ads during the footie, which kids are watching, tantalise folk to support their team and "gamble responsibly" as a feel good reminder at the end.

Your lotto ticket or state run lottery is not a pimple on the ass of this horrid industry.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1

IMO with three family members who’ll spend their last baht gambling online. They can’t control themselves to say play 100 if win great if loose

only loose 100. They play everyday all day and night online gambling.

Then mood around complaining they’ve no money...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

IMO with three family members who’ll spend their last baht gambling online. They can’t control themselves to say play 100 if win great if loose

only loose 100. They play everyday all day and night online gambling.

Then mood around complaining they’ve no money...

Then mood around complaining they have no money.     I bet they do ,no no I am sure they do .

On 9/28/2020 at 8:02 AM, rkidlad said:

A sign of the economic times.

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed a lot more lottery vendors and a lot more people showing interest in lottery tickets. 

Same here, the other day we were in a traffic queue waiting for the train to go past. Outside the 7/11 we counted 16 lottery sellers sitting on the steps outside !!!!

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, madmitch said:

Not to forget the underground lotteries that use the same numbers but have better payouts on the two and three didgit numbers. Of course these are mainly run by police and local government figures so if online gaming is affecting their income then of course it should be clamped down on.

That is the point 100%. Competition. 

24 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Same here, the other day we were in a traffic queue waiting for the train to go past. Outside the 7/11 we counted 16 lottery sellers sitting on the steps outside !!!!

Fair play to them. Just trying to eek out some money to put food on the table. I hear what you are saying though, a small new local market just opened near to us. We went for a walk around to have a look see and I counted 8 lottery ticket sellers plus another 8 selling stuff that I can buy in Makro. 

• Like 1