Panel chief calls for reforms to Thai justice system, pointing to serious flaws in prosecuting Vorayuth

"He said his 30 years of experience as a prosecutor and judge made him the right choice for the job, and helped him to look into the liars and see the whole picture." 

Seeing the whole picture => yes, right choice for the job => NO. 

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, webfact said:

“When 12 - and 13-year-olds march on the streets raising three-finger salutes, and adorn themselves with white ribbons all over Thailand, it shows how corrupt people with power are,” Vicha said.

This guy is in position of responsibility, I wonder what he thinks about people potentially getting jailed for 2 years because they post a negative review on a website

Wonder if anybody with even a minimal degree of intelligence believes this will make Thailand's tourist industry more appealing to the foreign market

Seriously have to question some facets of Thai society... 

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 2

However, he was certain that the Thai legal system was the “strongest”, but the people who applied it were the problem since Thailand has nurtured nepotism for years and it had resulted in a social gap in both the economy and justice.

Anybody who says the the words 'thai legal system' and 'strongest' in the same sentence is <deleted>in deluded, 'nepotism' however fits right in...

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 1

Vicha said that the reason he accepted the responsibility even though he was 74 years old was to initiate reforms in the legal system

My mum used to say if you've nothing nice to say then say nothing at all, my opinion is that's <deleted>...

I was never good with <deleted> advice so I feel it's my duty to point out this guy has enjoyed a whole lifetime of watching/enjoying corruption and personally I feel it's highly unlikely he will change

Reforms? I hope so but doubt it, more of the same hypocrisy, lying, corruption and same old <deleted> different day, on past experience that is guaranteed.... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mark131v said:

This guy is in position of responsibility, I wonder what he thinks about people potentially getting jailed for 2 years because they post a negative review on a website

I would not use that example. It is not because 'they post a negative review on a website'.

It is because the guy wrote multiple reviews on multiple sites, many of which were lies. All because the hotel wanted to charge him corkage for bringing his own booze into the dining room.

Look at Richard Barrow's web site for details.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

However, he was certain that the Thai legal system was the “strongest”, but the people who applied it were the problem since Thailand has nurtured nepotism for years and it had resulted in a social gap in both the economy and justice.

The people who applied it are the people with the power, that takes a huge change.

I hope the students keep marching because evidence of a stand against change took place in the senate last week.

• Like 1