PM Prayut calls for fair COVID-19 vaccine distribution at UNGA 75

webfact

PM calls for fair COVID-19 vaccine distribution at UNGA 75

fe4023df11ee42c8aa4db174a9238583_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT)-The Prime Minister has delivered his statement in the General Debate of the 75th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA75) via video conference, stressing multilateral cooperation to effectively tackle the COVID-19 crisis.

The Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the world this year has faced a major public health crisis from the COVID-19 pandemic, thus all countries must remain confident of cooperation, and give their support to all countries in the world for them to be successful in their control of COVID-19 control.

He said the Thai government is committed to the suppression and control of COVID-19 within the country, and had established the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, and enforced international health measures as recommended by the World Health Organization.

The Thai government is ready to support the development of COVID-19 vaccine, while seeing that the vaccine must be publicly and equally available to all countries, which is an issue the United Nations should be taking the lead in.

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government has issued measures to mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic by establishing an economic situation administration center, serving as the main policymaking agency with cooperation between the government and the private sector, while promoting the new Bio-Circular-Green Economy by implementing the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy for sustainable growth.

The Prime Minister then stressed Thailand’s commitment to supporting the UN’s agenda on peace, security, development, climate change, human rights, and partnerships promotion between various sectors. He also emphasised the importance of multilateralism as a way to respond to the world’s challenges together.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government is ready to support the development of COVID-19 vaccine, while seeing that the vaccine must be publicly and equally available to all countries,

does  that mean your  much touted were  gonna  save the world   home  grown vaccine is ermmm... not ready "gen"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

Bodga beat me to it by 15 minutes!  That will teach me for staying in bed for some nookie instead of getting up when the alarm goes of at 4:30!

A nookie alarm, now that's worthy of missing out on this OP. The way I read the article was that the good ol General was not only tooting his own horn but also whining about inequality which is all inside his own country.  

*Breaking News*

General Choo Choo has just thrown himself on the ground inside the UN and is throwing a temper tantrum..film at 8.

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A nookie alarm, now that's worthy of missing out on this OP. The way I read the article was that the good ol General was not only tooting his own horn but also whining about inequality which is all inside his own country.  

*Breaking News*

General Choo Choo has just thrown himself on the ground inside the UN and is throwing a temper tantrum..film at 8.

Would it be better if 'General Choo Choo' threw himself under a high-speed train?

Ah, no chance of that - the high-speed train anyway. Perhaps he could become a pillar of support for a new highway?

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

He wants equality of vaccine , but not democracy or wealth

He's just ensuring his job, playing the Controla Virus game as he has been instructed to do - or else.

Quite why a vaccine is required for a "virus" that has a 99.99% survival rate is beyond me and no doubt him, $$$ first ???? 

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Excellent comments from Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.  He has done well in keeping Thailand well down on the virus numbers and minimizing transmission through early evasive action.

Hmm, I can't help noticing he and his government have all taken evasive action criticising by not the Chinese who originated the virus.

Edited by bluesofa
grammar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Excellent comments from Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.  He has done well in keeping Thailand well down on the virus numbers and minimizing transmission through early evasive action.

Has he really ??  We are only told numbers. how many checks get done daily ? They don't say !  We all know that he is a big liar.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The insane thing about him attending is that is was probably one of the richest 'world' speakers ! 

He wants equality of vaccine , but not democracy or wealth.

Yeah but, yeah but....

You're not listening properly. I think our illustrious leader needs to shout louder in your direction.

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

He has done well in keeping Thailand well down

Well, I can't disagree with the fact as you say "He has kept Thailand well down", as he has kept it well down in regards to making Thailand a failed democracy, in regards to his and the Governments mistreatment of civil rights, and then of course his failing to take care of the populace by currently placing them in desperate times without ensuring they have food, and basic necessities as not all here can qualify.  But Thailand is not down completely for him as there is still billions to seize from the coffers and fatten his already overfull pockets

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government has issued measures to mitigate the economic impact of the pandemic by establishing an economic situation administration center, serving as the main policymaking agency with cooperation between the government and the private sector, while promoting the new Bio-Circular-Green Economy by implementing the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy for sustainable growth.

The Prime Minister then stressed Thailand’s commitment to supporting the UN’s agenda on peace, security, development, climate change, human rights, and partnerships promotion between various sectors. He also emphasised the importance of multilateralism as a way to respond to the world’s challenges together.

Sounds like a very knowledgeable leader who is he cos it sure ain't this one ????????

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well, I can't disagree with the fact as you say "He has kept Thailand well down", as he has kept it well down in regards to making Thailand a failed democracy, in regards to his and the Governments mistreatment of civil rights, and then of course his failing to take care of the populace by currently placing them in desperate times without ensuring they have food, and basic necessities as not all here can qualify.  But Thailand is not down completely for him as there is still billions to seize from the coffers and fatten his already overfull pockets

just to clarify :

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

just to clarify :

However, no comments in regards to his keeping everything else down....hmmm.  Thank you for making my point Steven.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I can't imagine him saying that from an altruistic perspective. I assume he's worried Thailand's slipping down the queue.

Thailand should be down the queue. They have contributed nothing financially.  Also, Thailand has a small population of those in the high risk groups.  So “fair” distribution would see Thailand being a low priority.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Fair? Says the man who rigged and stole an election.

By Fair, he means, he's getting a good deal from Chinese vaccine which China has already guaranteed supply and funding to Thailand, Vietnam and more. 

My money is on release shortly and 6 million Chinese arriving starting soon, followed by Russian Sputnik 5 mob.