India's Royal Enfield to begin making motorcycles in Thailand

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But I thought Thailand was going electric ...............LOL

Well at least Thai made  is better than Indian. Enfields re lovely looking bikes and I contemplated getting one, but I can't fault my Thai made 650 Kawasaki except it has too much plastic.A frien

I thought oil leaks were part of the specification for a Royal Enfield.  It certainly applied when I was a teenager 🙂

Posted Images

I understand the Indian produced bikes have the brake on the right and gears on the left now?

I rented one in India years ago (obviously British produced), it took some getting used to.

17 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I'm not really enamoured with the Royal Enfield's looks personally.

The new 650s are very nice looking IMO.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I understand the Indian produced bikes have the brake on the right and gears on the left now?

I rented one in India years ago (obviously British produced), it took some getting used to.

They are modern motorcycles.

One thing that attracted me to the Interceptor, apart from the fact it was half the price of the equivalent Triumph Street Twin, was there was no gimmicks on it. No ride modes, no lcd dials etc. It is a motorcycle for the purist, to be enjoyed for the ride.

Make no mistake though, it is a better ride than the Street Twin. Again, just my opinion, but most reviewers out there tend to agree including MCN.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

They are modern motorcycles.

One thing that attracted me to the Interceptor, apart from the fact it was half the price of the equivalent Triumph Street Twin, was there was no gimmicks on it. No ride modes, no lcd dials etc. It is a motorcycle for the purist, to be enjoyed for the ride.

Make no mistake though, it is a better ride than the Street Twin. Again, just my opinion, but most reviewers out there tend to agree including MCN.

Thanks for replying, but I'm none the wiser regarding the gears and brakes? Did you mean because they're modern motorcycles they have now changed the gears/brakes to be the same as everyone else?

I thought (although not sure) when they bought the factory and shipped it to India, the Indians originally produced the bikes with the British spec for gears/brakes?

48 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

They've been assembling Royal Enfields in India since 1955, so the chances are the bike you hired was locally produced. 

• Thanks 1