Pattaya's ghost tower eyesore discussed yet again - demolition experts consulted

webfact

5 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

If it was built without planning permission,  how is it that nobody down in the town hall spotted it before it go so high ?

Town hall is on the north side of the city, I guess somebody finally found out about it while looking out the back window.

7 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

A monument to corruption.

And a graveyard for millions of US Dollars pre-paid by buyers who lost it all. Thanks to Israeli construction mafia (Kobi and friends) and Pattaya City Hall Mafia.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Good news though !

At least 4 property sites are still listing condos for sale in that project ! Not one of them mentions anything about the project being "delayed" or cancelled. 

I'm kind of curious what they would say if someone made an enquiry.........

Go on! Why don't you?!!!????

33 minutes ago, Humpy said:

'' However, court battles remain and the issue is unlikely to be resolved any time soon.'' ...... a bit like the 101 illegal structures along the seaward side of Walking Street !! 

Ah, I know a solution.

Place some fertilizers on a barge docked to Bali Hai and wait a bit.

10 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

A monument to corruption.

There is a Ferris wheel and rollercoaster near Fashion Island BKK that demoralizes me every time we go by it, it was all a scam, never completed, never opened, (afaik), now it sits rusting and sinking since the late 2000s, back into the jungle from which it briefly sprung. Now part of my Zombie Apocalypse landscapes of Thailand of which there are too many.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, P100 said:

And a graveyard for millions of US Dollars pre-paid by buyers who lost it all. Thanks to Israeli construction mafia (Kobi and friends) and Pattaya City Hall Mafia.

Yes, I remember a long running thread elsewhere and disgruntled buyers that bought off plan. 

An equally outrageous building permission in my book was Central Plaza, built so near next to View Talay 6, rendering dozens of condos near useless. 

edit.

2 pics added taken 2005 and 2006, first from top of High Five Hotel soi 8, looking across where VT6 was to be built and second 2005 from big Buddha hill.

(all pics came out green from Aldi traveler camera)

439F8F26-10C1-4574-8B24-CC9FD6E990AD.jpeg.50058522922efd48c8fb649653c68f35.jpeg

6444409C-134A-4F1D-BD47-E7EFAD452201.jpeg.6b3d4cf7fd49a64affd5255dc3506980.jpeg

Edited by twocatsmac
add a photo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1