Pattaya's ghost tower eyesore discussed yet again - demolition experts consulted

webfact

On 9/28/2020 at 11:04 AM, Chelseafan said:

Who issused the planning permission in the first place and why are they not being prosecuted ?

the mayor of Pattaya then, gave the green light to this mess, who happens to be the brother of the mayor of Pattaya now, both happen to be the sons of the biggest mafia  of Chonburi, who died a while ago. in short, the untouchables!

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 6:23 PM, P100 said:

And a graveyard for millions of US Dollars pre-paid by buyers who lost it all. Thanks to Israeli construction mafia (Kobi and friends) and Pattaya City Hall Mafia.

You must know these cockroaches well since you mention of one by his first name

Edited by pattayadude

On 9/29/2020 at 12:34 AM, Wongkitlo said:

They don't seem to realize the popularity of urbex. The owner of the ghost tower was doing great business with tourists till they shut him down. Same with the cruise ship capsized off Sri Racha. It would have been a great scuba dive site but they have scrapped most of it and now it is a true wreck

Some pretty cool vids on youtube of Bkk Ghost Tower..until found that dude hanged in there....

10 hours ago, bodga said:

youll have to dig  him up first

There is a statue of him in the town centre, that is presuming it hasn't been attacked and removed for some ancient misinterpreted comment.

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, Wongkitlo said:

Concrete cancer eats buildings. My brother used to work repairing it

Yes... used to live in on Gold Coast in Australia... The first highrise was condemned and demolished a few years ago and many buildings have multi-million dollar repair bills. They might start at a million, but when they start, they find a lot more cancer than they expected and the   bills skyrocket from there. They built the first highrises with an estimated lifespan of 40 years.

I've watched formwork closely here in Pattaya, and a large percentage of column concrete pours leaves rebar exposed. A lot of rebar goes into the columns already rusted and they do a very quick, half-hearted spray job to cover it up. They just plaster over the exposed rebar on the column exteriors.

• Like 1

I know little of such matters, but after 10 years of standing unfinished, especially next to the sea, would the building have deteriorated so as to prevent work restarting?

I suppose the same question could be asked about the various "ghost towers" dotted around Bangkok.

Edited by herfiehandbag

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I know little of such matters, but after 10 years of standing unfinished, especially next to the sea, would the building have deteriorated so as to prevent work restarting?

I suppose the same question could be asked about the various "ghost towers" dotted around Bangkok.

Northshore was the same, but it got finished in the end.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, Chelseafan said:

Who issused the planning permission in the first place and why are they not being prosecuted ?

Because the planning permission was not issued illegally!    The developers were the ones flouting the regulations...

"The development was first permitted in 2008 and building proceeded for five years until it was discovered that planning permission had been flouted". 

Edited by Cod Face

On 9/30/2020 at 8:31 PM, Average man said:

They should call it a Pattaya monument and leave for tourism to see . It represents Pattaya government , no plan , half assed , money pit .

All you can eat Shrimp Buffet-Hot Pot and Bonus Bungee Jump for incoming Chinese tourists????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

patience!..Rome wasn't built in a day

No it wasn't.  However, it  took a lot longer to demolish it.  In fact it still hasn't been completely demolished after 2,000 years.  That is about the same time it will take to get Waterfront down.

• Haha 1