British ministers prepare for social lockdown in northern Britain, London - The Times

webfact

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

???? Brilliant!

Is

this poster joking.... The government has completely mishandled the whole situation with U-turns and lack of leadership. Boris Johnson has completely failed the British public. I think that Thailand deserves the most praise for having handled the virus with professionalism.

Edited by onthedarkside
false claim removed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sorry to say, but your comment is silly. 

I wonder how you will now explain to me why eg  Germany has not even 10.000 deaths and UK almost 50.000 ?????

And daily cases 3000 vs 7000?

Because of good management?

And why I would have to drive for a corona test for almost 700 km? 

(out of stock!!!!!!!!) 

Good management? 

After lock down open the pubs and now lock from 10 PM. 

Good management?

Do you believe in fairy tales? 

Then listen to your clown Boris the liar!!!! ????????????????????

Sorry to say but you should read what I put. I said THE GOVERNMENT HASN'T ALWAYS GOT IT RIGHT.

The problem is our Government is beginning to mirror the Thai one, announcing all these plans without time to implement them however, my inital point is we have to take responsibility ourselves or do you disagree ?

I have no love for Boris, but God help us if this were being inplemented by the Labour party! Best of a bad bunch unfortunately!

1 hour ago, baboon said:

How exactly could any other party have done a worse job?

Well, it's not just the party. But we only have to look to the Americas (nearly every country south of Canada) to see how President's and government policies have utterly failed. Six out of ten of the countries with the highest per capita death rates are in the Americas. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Done nothing at all!

Never trust a labour government to get you out of the <deleted>. Get in it, yes! Get out, no!

Doing nothing at all (not that they would) could hardly have been any worse as far as I can tell. Now we seem to have the worst of all worlds.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Doing nothing at all (not that they would) could hardly have been any worse as far as I can tell. Now we seem to have the worst of all worlds.

Doing nothing would of course been worse. Hospitals were at the point of collapsing, infections were rocketing, people were dying. Remember, we are talking about this from a position of hindsight. A lot of things could have been done differently but we didn't have the full facts (and still don't) about how infectious and fatal this disease is.

At least (I think) with the second wave we are a lot more prepared.

What I wished the Government had done was deploy the army to assist with policing and testing, very surprised that this wasn't done

The most depressing thing about all this is how many people have lost their jobs and once Furlough is over, how many further job losses there will be.

Anyhow, who's "we"? You live in Thailand ????

23 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

That sounds funny. 

Wasn't it Labour who complained about mismangement concerning NHS? 

No money, no investments, no doctors, no nurses, patients on looking waiting list 

And the result you can see now. 

No test kits, no hospital beds, horrible nursing homes, no staff, no corona app, no hope. 

And next no medicines. 

Not better than any 3rd world country. ????

Are you naieve enough to think that if Labour were in power it would be any different ?

Don't you think that the Tories would be the ones complaining about mismagement concerning NHS ?

Who was it who raided pension pots and went on a huge spending spree with money they didn't have

Who was it who nearly collapsed the country in the 70's with the Winter of Discontent ?

Perhaps you don't remember paying nigh-on 20% on your mortage in the late 70's/early 80's thanks to the scewups by labour leaving inflation unchecked.

The reality is that Labour spend far too much money and the Tories don't spend enough. That's the way it is.

As for the NHS. There isn't enough money in the world* to make the NHS the system we all want. It's a money pit. The more that's put in, the more it devours. It needs a huge overhaul and some radical thinking if it's going to survive into the future.

* there probably is

Edited by Chelseafan

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Doing nothing would of course been worse. Hospitals were at the point of collapsing, infections were rocketing, people were dying. Remember, we are talking about this from a position of hindsight. A lot of things could have been done differently but we didn't have the full facts (and still don't) about how infectious and fatal this disease is.

At least (I think) with the second wave we are a lot more prepared.

What I wished the Government had done was deploy the army to assist with policing and testing, very surprised that this wasn't done

The most depressing thing about all this is how many people have lost their jobs and once Furlough is over, how many further job losses there will be.

Anyhow, who's "we"? You live in Thailand ????

Not right now. Locked out of Thailand and working in a halfway house with a load of 'ex' offenders. It ain't fun, believe me, but that is one for another thread....

• Like 2