School girl shot dead in crossfire as rival gangs fight in Buriram

webfact

School girl shot dead in crossfire as rival gangs fight in Buriram

7pma.jpg
Picture: Sanook

A M4 school girl in Na Pho, Buriram in Thailand's north eastern region was killed on Saturday.

Poy, 16, was chosen to represent her school in a silk fabric festival due to her poise and beauty.

But she was hit as rival gangs on motorcycles shot at each other after she went to cheer on contestants at the show.

She was riding pillion with her boyfriend Kittiphat who was also hit in the back in the crossfire. 

The victim's body was at a wake in Ban Hua Fai. 

vs.jpg

Her mother Saifon, 39, was screaming: "Why didn't I die instead, why did they take her". 

In floods of tears she had to be consoled by relatives such was her grief, reported Sanook. 

She said that her daughter had represented the school as a standard bearer before and had once again been chosen. 

She said that friends of her daughter had shown her a post she made of a statue crying what looked like blood. 

cs.jpg

She said that this was an omen of the tragedy to follow. 

Her boyfriend regretted the timing saying that if only he had left the festival at a different time they would not have got caught up in the trouble.

Meanwhile Poy's father just came back from Taiwan and was in state quarantine. He was unaware of his daughter's death and Saifon called on the authorities to inform him of the tragedy without delay.

Source: Sanook

• Sad 9

The problem is that the law treats them as human beings. They are monsters masquerading as human. Death is actually too good for them. They should have their testicles and penis removed and be chemically castrated (the adrenal glands also produce testosterone) to stop the 'rage' effect. then put back in the community to do monitored community service for the rest of their lives. That would be a big deterrent since death or imprisonment mean nothing to the shame of being a neutered slave may be more effective

On 9/28/2020 at 11:42 AM, colinneil said:

What a heart breaking story, a young girl representing her school, killed by stupid young morons.

Her family must be in bits after losing their daughter, my sincere condolences to them.

No mention in the OP about any police action, hopefully they will do something quickly, before the morons kill another person.

This report would be tragic in a movie but in real life what can you say ? we all feel the grief for a family that we do not know and it left a lump in my throat . 

People know who were involved but will not grass cos of possible consequences and life is so cheap here along with zero law enforcement .    

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, hotandsticky said:

Seeing that death penalty actually implemented would be a start.

Wouldn’t make a difference in terms of deterrence, which is clearly evidenced by countries like the USA, because murder is committed usually only under two circumstances: 

1. It’s premeditated and planned accordingly so as to to net get caught (hopefully), therefore the consequences don’t apply to the murderer from his point of view or

2. It’s a heat of the moment murder, in which case the murderer isn’t capable of thinking about the consequences in that moment because he’s in the “red zone“!

In this particular case it’s manslaughter because he didn’t intend to kill the girl. I have no idea what the maximum penalty for manslaughter in this particular case in Thailand is, but it’s well known that the prison sentences for certain crimes in Thailand are draconian, and yet he didn’t care. 

Ergo, the death penalty doesn’t work as a deterrent when it come to crime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Wouldn’t make a difference in terms of deterrence, which is clearly evidenced by countries like the USA, because murder is committed usually only under two circumstances: 

1. It’s premeditated and planned accordingly so as to to net get caught (hopefully), therefore the consequences don’t apply to the murderer from his point of view or

2. It’s a heat of the moment murder, in which case the murderer isn’t capable of thinking about the consequences in that moment because he’s in the “red zone“!

In this particular case it’s manslaughter because he didn’t intend to kill the girl. I have no idea what the maximum penalty for manslaughter in this particular case in Thailand is, but it’s well known that the prison sentences for certain crimes in Thailand are draconian, and yet he didn’t care. 

Ergo, the death penalty doesn’t work as a deterrent when it come to crime. 

but manslaughter would see them banged up for several years ( yes the whole gangs ) and whose to say they have not done similar crimes before because of non investigations ?  Just imagine how her parents feel right now and if I was her father no stone would be left unturned

• Like 1

23 hours ago, superal said:

but manslaughter would see them banged up for several years ( yes the whole gangs ) and whose to say they have not done similar crimes before because of non investigations ?  Just imagine how her parents feel right now and if I was her father no stone would be left unturned

I agree! 

• Thanks 1