Jump to content

Permanent Residency process 2019 /2020 approvals


Recommended Posts

While you're waiting for someone to give you first-hand feedback, here are some recent ThaiVisa topic post discussions ...along with a GOOGLE SEARCH link to search the ThaiVisa forum

 

Google Search site:thaivisa.com Permanent Residency 

(option: use the TOOLS link to restrict the results to specific timeframe 

 

...some ThaiVisa links found in the above google search

 

Permanent Residency Process
By corkman, October 3, 2019 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

 

Permanent Residency 2019
By Thomaslk, September 30, 2019 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

 

Is Permanent residence that useful
By gamini, February 18 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

 

...and THE ongoing thread

 

Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process
By camerata, July 2, 2006 in Thai visas, residency and work permits

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, what’s the benefit of a permanent residence in Thailand? 
Will you still need to run visa extensions, 90 days reports? Re-entry visa stamps? And need to apply for visa when you coming from abroad?

 

anyone obtained this PR here in Thailand to share his experience with it and what are the useful matters to hold such document?

thanks for sharing your experience.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lexlam said:

Will you still need to run visa extensions, 90 days reports? Re-entry visa stamps? And need to apply for visa when you coming from abroad?

No extensions, 90 day reports or anything else required for those on a temporary stay.

You only need a re-entry permit and that is only needed if you want to travel.

This ongoing topic has lots info in it. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/74654-cameratas-guide-to-the-permanent-residence-process/?tab=comments#comment-801053

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, lexlam said:

Actually, what’s the benefit of a permanent residence in Thailand? 

If you have a non - immigrant visa and work permit it does the job as long as your company sponsors you. If you lose your job, you lose your visa as well and have 1 week to leave the country. A PR lets you take your destiny in your own hands and you're not dependent on a company or job. It means security! Imagine you would lose your job, have to leave your friends, partner, house/condo, etc. and you cannot even come back because borders are closed. To avoid this it's not a bad idea to take right measurements before it's too late. Those things you have to do before you need them, once you need them it's too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thaivisa2006 said:

 

If you have a non - immigrant visa and work permit it does the job as long as your company sponsors you. If you lose your job, you lose your visa as well and have 1 week to leave the country. A PR lets you take your destiny in your own hands and you're not dependent on a company or job. It means security! Imagine you would lose your job, have to leave your friends, partner, house/condo, etc. and you cannot even come back because borders are closed. To avoid this it's not a bad idea to take right measurements before it's too late. Those things you have to do before you need them, once you need them it's too late.

The issue you mention could also be avoided by being married to a Thai and holding a non-o based on marriage.

 

...there are many topic threads on ThaiVisa discussing the merits of holding PR

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...