IO wants to see original passport when condo owner files a TM30

Moved into a new condo last week. The Thai owner tried to register to file a TM30 online but got an "address already registered" error. So this morning they went to the IO and were sent away. Told to return with the foreigner's original passport and signed copies of the relevant pages & attachments. Is this normal or someone fishing for tea money?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not paranoia. The TM30 is an owner requirement, hence if any original ID is required it should be theirs. When registering online all that's needed is the foreigner's passport number and TM6 numb

This is a discussion, not a whine. But thanks for the patronising sneer anyway. No reason was given for the IO wanting the original passport. It's nice to know reasons for doing things rather than jus

Stop whining and show immigration the passport. What's the problem? 

Why becoming so paranoia if officials asking for a I.D. ?

Get used to it as even sending a registered letter at post office passport is asked in Jomtien post office soi 5

Most any id as DL.is accepted other places , but anything to do at police station or Immigration or bank ...Passport gentlemen !😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Get used to it as even sending a registered letter at post office passport is asked in Jomtien post office soi 5

And you also need to produce the original ID of the person you're sending the letter to? That would be the equivalent. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Promula said:

It's not paranoia. The TM30 is an owner requirement, hence if any original ID is required it should be theirs. When registering online all that's needed is the foreigner's passport number and TM6 number. When done in person by the owner this increases to copies of the passport and relevant stamps/attachment. But why the original passport when it's the owner doing the filing under their legal responsibility? If the online system crashes, every hotel in the land has to take every guest passport to immigration to register the TM30?

That shall be thr difference with the online system i guess ...when goiing to officials i always carry passport ..., and also carry someone other his/her passport may look strange ..suspicious ..maybe ?

Unless for the agents with stapples of passports walking in I.O. office...😁

19 minutes ago, Promula said:

And you also need to produce the original ID of the person you're sending the letter to? That would be the equivalent. 

That one normaly need to produce by receiving the letter ..

You never got a registered letter receiving ?

Edited by david555
2 minutes ago, david555 said:

...when goiing to officials i always carry passport ..., and also carry someone other his/her passport may look strange ..suspicious ..maybe ?

You're not really following this, are you. TM30 is an owner responsibility, and the owner went to the IO with their ID and copies of their tenant's passport, visa and TM6 info. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Promula said:

You're not really following this, are you. TM30 is an owner responsibility, and the owner went to the IO with their ID and copies of their tenant's passport, visa and TM6 info. 

Yes ,

and you are not aware any I.O. has that "Harry potter magic stick rule " he/she can ask adittional doc. ...?

I understand your point ...but ..hey ...This is Thailand where Thais make the drill

19 minutes ago, david555 said:

That one normaly need to produce by receiving the letter ..

You never got a registered letter receiving ?

Yes, and when I apply for my visa extension / 90 day report I need to show the TM30 receipt. Same Same. 

9 minutes ago, Promula said:

Yes, and when I apply for my visa extension / 90 day report I need to show the TM30 receipt. Same Same. 

90 day rapport in person ...need produce ..passport  too , never i bin asked for Tm30 by 90 day rapport nor by new application ret.ext. at Jomtien ...

34 minutes ago, Promula said:

I took the original passport of my houseguest when I did a TM30 for him. I was given a receipt to  put into it,

• Like 1