IO wants to see original passport when condo owner files a TM30

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

But that means that if the previous tenant registered the condo of which you are the owner in order to file his TM-30, the next tenant won't be able to do that as the condo where he is staying is 'already registered' (and that is what this thread is all about).  So that new tenant would have to go to the local IO to have that previous registration cancelled in order to be able to register again and do his own notification.

> It might be easier that you register as owner of all the condos, and notify IO with an on-line TM-30 when a new tenant moves in.  Since 30 June 2020 this only has to be done ONCE as long as the tenant stays on the same Visa on which he entered Thailand (irrespective of extensions, or domestic/international travel). 

Precisely. This law doesn't mean that the foreigner as the tenant can register themself.  It means the tenant can register a foreigner staying with them.

9 minutes ago, Promula said:

Precisely. This law doesn't mean that the foreigner as the tenant can register themself.  It means the tenant can register a foreigner staying with them.

No, being a foreigner and renting you can indeed register on the IO TM-30 website as tenant of the place where you are staying and file your own TM-30. 

And if another foreigner is staying as a guest at your rented place, you can then file his TM-30 too.

>> In some cases it happened that the landlord of the place you are renting is not willing to notify IO that you are staying there and file your TM-30.  But with a copy of the rental contract and your passport ID-page, you can register yourself as tenant of the place, and subsequently file your own TM-30.

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

>> In some cases it happened that the landlord of the place you are renting is not willing to notify IO that you are staying there and file your TM-30.  But with a copy of the rental contract and your passport ID-page, you can register yourself as tenant of the place, and subsequently file your own TM-30.

So you don't need their ID or tabian baan then?

Edited by Promula

18 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

A Thai D/L usually works. I recently had to pick up a parcel from the post office customs division. Used a copy of my D/L no issue. In other words, some sort of ID is requested, it doesn't expressly have to be a passport. 

LOL! I haven't had a Thai driver's license in 30 years. Stopped driving when I moved to Bangkok and am not going to start now, when I'm over 80.