Emergency decree extended for another month

webfact

Emergency decree extended for another month

By The Nation

800_aed1b4ac1b06038.jpg?v=1601269348

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Monday resolved to extend the emergency decree for another month from the end of this month to contain the Covid-19 pandemic.

It is the sixth extension since the decree was announced for the first time in March this year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395240

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-28

• Sad 1

22 Covid-19 cases in State Quarantine announced today... Perfect fuel for the government to maintain its grip. 

Further Visa Amnesty to follow? - If the government thinks it's still an emergency situation, its surely still an emergency situation for those without a visa.

Announce a 6 month Visa amnesty and help those who are struggling to find a way to stay here to stay here (and continue spending here). 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

22 Covid-19 cases in State Quarantine announced today... Perfect fuel for the government to maintain its grip. 

Further Visa Amnesty to follow? - If the government thinks it's still an emergency situation, its surely still an emergency situation for those without a visa.

Announce a 6 month Visa amnesty and help those who are struggling to find a way to stay here to stay here (and continue spending here). 

Most of these tourists are not staying in hotels, they are long-term tourists living in cheap rental places and can't afford to meet the requirements for a proper visa.   

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed. However, according to reports there are 150,000 ‘tourists’ on visa amnesty - they are eating somewhere...  we are at a point where every little helps the local stalls and restaurants. 

No one really care’s for the big hotel chains - its the small food stalls, tiny apartments and shopfront restaurants that are really hurting - its not much, but anything is better than nothing - Extending Amnesty hurts no-one and may help some local businesses in some small way. 

The strange thing is, that the number of 150'000 tourists seems not to change! Mean nobody left or obtain a visa/extension or anything?
I heard the same number now for some time already

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HampiK said:

The strange thing is, that the number of 150'000 tourists seems not to change! Mean nobody left or obtain a visa/extension or anything?
I heard the same number now for some time already

I also think this number of 150000 is complete nonsense. According to an IO whole Phuket had about 1600 and all of them where at the immigration in the last two weeks to ask for an extension. Only about 50 didn´t appear. So, where are all the other 148400?

3 hours ago, SamuiRes said:

Except in Samui where they charge 20-25,000 Baht.. Pay it or not get your visa.

Like we as members n living here, most of know and acknowledge the decisions made by IO often defy common sense and defer to far less sensible  decisions (like simply granting a large visa extension and be done with it). Which, even though there was back in the beginning of this worldwide thing some uncertainty, it’s been clear for months now that a long term Covid answering visa solution has been needed far beyond a month or a few months amnesty or dispensation.

At the risk of being verbally abused on this forum - like I was the last time I spoke about this;

Your comment of extortion by IO under threat is not unlike myself and 5 other people in know here (all from different schools who tell

me every other ED visa holder at their respective schools is also subject to the same extortion) who are here on ED visas (most who genuinely go to classes and study) and under threat of not getting out next 90 days stamps pay 5000 Instead of 1900.

Sad to see that that’s how it’s done here. I accept this not it’s still sad to see and experience.

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Most of these tourists are not staying in hotels, they are long-term tourists living in cheap rental places and can't afford to meet the requirements for a proper visa.   

That is only suggestion ING that they don't have the money, maybe live with girlfriend or have condo??? Do not tell what you cannot know, that seems arrogant. I just bought a new Ford Ranger, so maybe people do spend money. 

• Haha 1