Overstay fines to start Tuesday, says Phuket Immigration

webfact

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Or the Immigration Bureau spokesman not being up-to-date on what the he11 is going on...

Just people jumping on any unconformed rumor ....depending their hopes 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Exactly, given that the Amnesty finished on the 26th, why would they suddenly extend it after the expiry date. 
People blame the Thai government for not being clear, but without mentioning any names, there are certain news reporters here publishing articles before they are even officially announced by the government which gives false hope to people and creates even more confusion. 

Only if you chose to believe the news.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

More flip flopping.

That has nothing to do with amnesty so it's not flip-flop.

It's to include retirees who have at least 500k in their bank account.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I have more ...and they even forgot/mention me (us propably...) even not ????

????????

Edited by david555

18 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Baht? Or what. 

To answer my own question, yes it is baht. 

To ask another, does it need to be a Thai bank or would the equivalent in a foreign currency in a foreign bank be acceptable.?

Edited by rott

22 minutes ago, rott said:

Baht? Or what. 

To answer my own question, yes it is baht. 

To ask another, does it need to be a Thai bank or would the equivalent in a foreign currency in a foreign bank be acceptable.?

Yes it Baht and needs to have been in your account for at least 6 months 

As they're targeting people to return to the country I would imagine it would be acceptable (maybe even required) in a local bank account.

Eagerly awaiting more details, I might get a trip back to the UK this year after all ????   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yes it Baht and needs to have been in your account for at least 6 months 

As they're targeting people to return to the country I would imagine it would be acceptable (maybe even required) in a local bank account.

Eagerly awaiting more details, I might get a trip back to the UK this year after all ????   

But i guess you are on a extension from a non o ....the target group is ....non " O" OR O-A  I guess ...fresh ones , not those on the Thai hook already ????????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pubba said:

Well.. They got my 1900 baht last week and I'm 'safe' for another month.

If only they'd allow processing of short term to long stay visa within Thailand.. I'd just apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage and relax a little.

They do.

TM86

TM86.pdf
TM87
TM87.pdf

immigration Forms available from

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

Non O in Thailand marrage.pdf

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Definitely flip flopping as it's to do with immigration flip flopping so much I'm getting dizzy.One minute they want no amnesty next they want to fine people then for overstay then another amnesty then a deadline then cancel said deadline aren't you dizzy yet?Anyone would think they're trying out for the Thai gymnastic olympic team or working in a flip flop factory and making Thailand the flip flop hub of Asia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same old story, the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing:

Thaivisa 28-09-20

"The Thai government is expected to announce a last minute extension to the visa amnesty for foreigners. 

The amnesty, which expired on 26 September, will be extended to 31 October, according to a leaked, unsigned document from the Ministry of Interior and shared by Richard Barrow on Saturday.

At 12pm on Monday, Thailand’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will hold an English language media briefing where extension may be announced.

In addition, a Cabinet meeting due to be held on Tuesday could approve the extension before it is published in the Royal Gazette, confirming it to law."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What happened to the amnesty extension supposed to be being announced today then?

Maybe the amnesty is not being extended beyond Sept 26th, only the period to process applications as so may tourists couldn't get their collective back sides into gear and sort themselves out. 
They were warned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

without mentioning any names, there are certain news reporters here publishing articles before they are even officially announced by the government which gives false hope to people and creates even more confusion.

You spelt "clicks" wrong it's not spelt confusion.

• Like 1

"Regardless, some 40 foreigners registered as staying in Phuket still have yet to present themselves at Phuket Immigration".

If you are not one of the people above the majority of comments above are moot. This is about PHUKET Immigration and THEIR policy. People had their opportunity, chanced it hoping for another extension and will pay the price. Son nam na. Immigration even accepted some applications without all the paperwork but people can go back this week withut repercussions to finish the process.

Instead of knocking the system why not give PHUKET Immigration some credit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hobz said:

Poor immigration, revenue has been so low recently...

Not having a go at your remark.. thats fine, just using this space to vent: taking the mickey out of the brown envelopes is normal, however, did you ever stop to think of the <deleted> back in your own country? Its so criminally organised that people think its ok!  Like the Millions the AU gov take in red light and speeding fines (and the rest)  apparently SPEND it before they even get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

They do.

TM86

TM86.pdf
TM87
TM87.pdf

available from immigration at

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

Yes, that's correct.  It's called the 'Change of Visa' process and can be done at your local IO.

BUT ONLY for those that originally entered Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa, and that still have at least 15 days left on their permission to stay.