Overstay fines to start Tuesday, says Phuket Immigration

webfact

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

If there was an amnesty extension they could have postponed their acquiring an expensive visa whilst considering other options.

I understood that ....but now they are in line with immigration visa needs ....that was my point 

But yours is different but also a extending stay option ...

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, that's correct.  It's called the 'Change of Visa' process and can be done at your local IO.

BUT ONLY for those that originally entered Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa, and that still have at least 15 days left on their permission to stay.

In normal times you are correct, however some immigration officers are accepting the TM87 as long as you have a current in date permission to stay stamp and @pubba has one now. 

Normal rules are quite often not being precisely followed at the moment.

8A6BA967-DC86-4746-8813-0D8D64F46517.jpeg.e77ac5e7d56ab54666ca157e76fb2cff.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

Baht? Or what. 

To answer my own question, yes it is baht. 

To ask another, does it need to be a Thai bank or would the equivalent in a foreign currency in a foreign bank be acceptable.?

It has to be in a Thai bank of course.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Same old story, the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing:

Thaivisa 28-09-20

"The Thai government is expected to announce a last minute extension to the visa amnesty for foreigners. 

The amnesty, which expired on 26 September, will be extended to 31 October, according to a leaked, unsigned document from the Ministry of Interior and shared by Richard Barrow on Saturday.

At 12pm on Monday, Thailand’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will hold an English language media briefing where extension may be announced.

In addition, a Cabinet meeting due to be held on Tuesday could approve the extension before it is published in the Royal Gazette, confirming it to law."

The keyword here is 'could' and not 'will be approved'. 

I wonder how Richard can get an unsigned document out?

At 12 pm Monday, it was NOT announced!

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

‘I have it on good authority it will be announced by 12:00 on Tuesday ....... but the authority did not tell me which Tuesday, which Month or Which Year. But an announcement will be made by then. ..

Keep up the good reporting.... let us know how those without a visa get on.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, david555 said:

But i guess you are on a extension from a non o ....the target group is ....non " O" OR O-A  I guess ...fresh ones , not those on the Thai hook already ????????

I hope that's not the case ????  

The text said "Non-immigrant visa holders, such as business people who do not have any type of work permit, are now allowed entry, but they must have savings of at least Bt500,000 in the past six months."... Which as usual is clear as mud!

I'.m 50.01% confident (I like to be optimistic) that it includes us Non-O retirees on extension... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Teavee said:

The text said "Non-immigrant visa holders, such as business people who do not have any type of work permit, are now allowed entry, but they must have savings of at least Bt500,000 in the past six months."... Which as usual is clear as mud!

I'.m 50.01% confident (I like to be optimistic) that it includes us Non-O retirees on extension... 

I'm not a tetiree, but I hope you are right ,that they depends to the next group who can enter. As I think every one with an valid extension should be able to fly back.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

‘I have it on good authority it will be announced by 12:00 on Tuesday ....... but the authority did not tell me which Tuesday, which Month or Which Year. But an announcement will be made by then. ..

Keep up the good reporting.... let us know how those without a visa get on.

You forgot 1 importancy ....instead of " it" it is more sure "A"  announcement will be made ...looks more apropriate ( which one ????...????..)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I hope you are right as it is my same situation .But we do not have anymore a non o ..., is long time void ....we are on a extension from it . 

If they would talk about ret.ext. we would / could be called in .

Iguess they target those who go NOW to an embassy to get a non o and shows the 500 000 and all the other needs 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I just update my last reply to you with a little more explaining why i fear we are not in ...you missed it as you replied quick

1 hour ago, Totoandlilly said:

"Extremely generous" it sounds like you want all the remaining foreigners in the country out fast as possible, in what way is that good for businesses that really need foreigners money? 

Malaysia announced weeks ago that all foreigners can continue to be in the country until at least January 1st 2021, simply because they don't want to throw money out of the window, there age, nationality, or visa status doesn't matter, they probably do this because the country is still not allowing tourists in, so I makes sense to keep those that are already in the country there, you don't kick people that spend money out, unless you want to destroy thousands of businesses.

A  6 month visa free holiday sounds pretty damn generous to me!

Secondly I never said that I want all remaining foreigners kicked out the country. Don't try and put words into my mouth. 

I have been very clear on previous threads that  people on proper long stay visas should NOT be subject to any of this. 

tourists  who wanted to stay here for longer were given 6 months to sort out a long term visa. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, EricTh said:

He really shouldn't be posting such things until it's officially announced by the government. It could put people in a dangerous situation. 

But I guess he want to be the first one to announce 'breaking news' 

Extremely irresponsible for a few extra thousands facebook 'clicks' 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Meaning those have to go ask to immigration for it , not as before  doing nothing as under amnesty , probably for ….a fee of 1900 ?

This make it a bit confusing :

" Foreigners who are not able to travel out [of Thailand] and intended to stay after Oct 31 can go to ask for an extension at immirgation for their permits to stay to expire Oct 31.”

But hey !….. you are O.K. for another month....

Edited by david555

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

Meaning those have to go ask to immigration for it , not as before  doing nothing as under amnesty , probably for ….a fee of 1900 ?

But hey !….. you are ok for another month....

No it's 30 days "amnesty". They are saying that after Oct. 31 you must ask for it, but anyone can now tell that this amnesty will most likely be continuously extended every 30 days as long as the borders in Asia are closed. Three times threats were made by immigration and 3 times amnesty has been given and extended. There will be the usual farcical song and dance every month.

"Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Lt Col Udom Thongchin this afternoon told The Phuket News that he was aware that the Immigration Bureau had requested that the ‘visa amnesty’ be extended through to Oct 31.

However, he added that he had yet to hear confirmation that the extension had been approved.

“We are waiting to hear that the Prime Minister has approved the extension. That was supposed to happen by 4:30pm today,” he said......For those who would like to stay longer than October they can file for visa extension with immigration and do so before Oct. 31 So, good luck.”"

But hey, you guys who think that Thailand has been excessively generous and overly lenient on all of those whose lives have been crushed feel free to get your pitchforks and torches and lead the charge to cause us more hardship. Thanks for the empathy. A continuous extension until the situation normalizes in the region is the only sensible and compassionate thing to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I just update my last reply to you with a little more explaining why i fear we are not in ...you missed it as you replied quick

It seems you were right to be less optimistic than me... https://www.thaienquirer.com/18982/ccsa-welcomes-six-groups-of-foreign-travellers-hoping-to-stimulate-thai-economy/

The six groups are as follows:

1. Foreign athletes who participate in the Chalerm Prakiat International Cycling Race from Samut Songkhram to Suratthani on October 6-16. The group will be under 14 days of state quarantine at the local hotel. 

2. A group of 340 Thai Airways pilots and cabin crew on the repatriation flight to Thailand. The group will be under state quarantine as they operated in the US.

3. Holders of non-immigrant types of visa, who are businesspeople without a work permit and are willing to enter Thailand for business purposes by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht. 

4. Holders of Special Tourist Visa which the prime minister will discuss with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and related agencies for the policy.

5. Approximately 100,000 of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Cardholders from low-risk countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, China, and Hong Kong.

6. Foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand for 60 days can extend the duration for an extra 30 days by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for permission.

Good news for an Aus/NZ guys with an APEC card though... 

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

It seems you were right to be less optimistic than me... https://www.thaienquirer.com/18982/ccsa-welcomes-six-groups-of-foreign-travellers-hoping-to-stimulate-thai-economy/

The six groups are as follows:

1. Foreign athletes who participate in the Chalerm Prakiat International Cycling Race from Samut Songkhram to Suratthani on October 6-16. The group will be under 14 days of state quarantine at the local hotel. 

2. A group of 340 Thai Airways pilots and cabin crew on the repatriation flight to Thailand. The group will be under state quarantine as they operated in the US.

3. Holders of non-immigrant types of visa, who are businesspeople without a work permit and are willing to enter Thailand for business purposes by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht. 

4. Holders of Special Tourist Visa which the prime minister will discuss with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and related agencies for the policy.

5. Approximately 100,000 of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Cardholders from low-risk countries such as New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, China, and Hong Kong.

6. Foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand for 60 days can extend the duration for an extra 30 days by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for permission.

Good news for an Aus/NZ guys with an APEC card though... 

Only when they name us properly I would be optimistic ….., but still hoping it is lost (forgotten us ret.ext…) in translation ….????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

How about Reuters then?  

Yes, I'll believe Reuters. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The PN does have a bad reputation for accuracy. They are so keen to be first with the news that they print first without doing a proper fact-check until readers correct their errors. Have lost count of their incorrect articles.