under consideration-times up

I was instructed to report to immigration today to get my extension stamp. Upon arrival I was told there's nothing there for me and to wait for a call from them. They had no idea if it would be hours, days or ........

If it's relevant, this is my second marriage extension, my visa started as retirement, I present myself respectfully and paperwork always organized for them. Always thought I had good repor there so my wife & I are a bit confused, worried and PO'd. They had 5 weeks!

The paranoid side of me says go back, get some kind of an emergency extension & work on a flight out before ending up on overstay. Please advise if this sounds like the reasonable action or another more reasonable route.

Thanks in advance!

I was in a similar situation. My suitcases were packed and I was ready to book the flight back home. So - nothing wrong to be prepared. Try to to focus on what you can do. Even my wife didn't believe me that I'm ready to leave. But luckily, things went well this time.

• Haha 1

I'm in a similar situation. My "under consideration" report back date was last Friday, when I was told to return this afternoon. Remains to be seen how it goes. The main problem is trying to get seen to, Jomtien was chaos on Friday morning. I had to stand in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes before they'd even let me and several others through the main door.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

I'm in a similar situation. My "under consideration" report back date was last Friday, when I was told to return this afternoon. Remains to be seen how it goes. The main problem is trying to get seen to, Jomtien was chaos on Friday morning. I had to stand in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes before they'd even let me and several others through the main door.

I had to stand in the sun for 10 or 15 minutes before they'd even let me and several others through the main door.

Easily solved with an umbrella and a wide brimmed hat.

Seems like it will be the same for me. Under consideration stamp for marriage extension dated to the 9th,  called last week and they said it wasnt done yet and that i should call to check again on wensday or thursday. 

Understandable that they might have alot of applications to handle at the moment, but still makes you feel a bit restless since i just want it over with. 

Edited by Okis

8 hours ago, Okis said:

Seems like it will be the same for me. Under consideration stamp for marriage extension dated to the 9th,  called last week and they said it wasnt done yet and that i should call to check again on wensday or thursday. 

Check on the 8th.