More foreigners to be allowed entry into Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Non-immigrant visa holders, such as business people who do not have any type of work permit, are now allowed entry, but they must have savings of at least Bt500,000 in the past six months.

there is always a catch-22 with their proposals... but or if or may or must  555

500k in bank statements for the last 6 months for non B holders without work permit ?

what about those who apply for a non b outside of Thailand that have a work permit Acceptance letter ( which is needed in order To get a non B for a BOI company)

do we need 500K in the bank for 6 Months if we have WP acceptance letter ? @ubonjoe

The Thai embassy in London shows Passengers travelling to Thailand must have valid non-immigrant visa or re-entry permit, as tourist visa and 30-day visa exemption are currently suspended.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

5 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

So basically if your Rich you can come in. 

500,000 Baht in one's account would not "make" its holder rich.

Also some people, who have a negative balance although earning quite a lot, are considered as rich.

That being said, no amount in the bank should be required. As long as there is an insurance and a return ticket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

Both O and OA are under non-immigrant visa holder.

Yes, this include retirees and business owners who have at least 500k in their bank account.

Tough luck for retirees who use the monthly transfer option with bank balance below that amount.

Ahhh, that makes sense.  So the 65K a month crowd is now personae non grata.  Wonder if changes in Immigration orders are now at hand, like you need 500K to enter the country on a retirement visa.  I wonder how many retirees will final say, "Enough" in the next year? Lordy how confusing. 

150,000 stranded tourist according to immigration estimates now set to be fined ฿500/day and possibly jailed and now as well retirees unable to return if they got caught outside of Thailand after March unless they have 500k in the bank?  This looks to have the potential to generate a lot of bad-will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

around 150 verified foreigners would start arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport or Phuket airport

In another thread it was mentioned that these first 150 verified foreigners are Chinese. I wonder when they eventually will start to call the Chinese "verified nationals" instead of "foreigners", and Thailand a province of China.

No joke now: Some Chinese companies do this with the Philippines already. No problem for Duterte, he said. When will Prayut follow courteously?

Edited by Flying Saucage

41 minutes ago, connda said:

Cambodia's starting to look pretty good.  Only $3000 in escrow to get you into the country.

Cambodia indeed looks good, but in my case; Laos looks even better! Wife is from a village on the border of the mekong, she has relatives on both sides of the river, my chances at getting a visa for Thailand are slim to none, my chances at getting a visa for Laos is as high as 50%. If we really would re-unite we could easily do so on the Laos side of the mekong river.

TL;DR: !@#$ Thailand for the time being. Laos and Cambodia are the way to go.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GigsGigs said:

Cambodia indeed looks good, but in my case; Laos looks even better! Wife is from a village on the border of the mekong, she has relatives on both sides of the river, my chances at getting a visa for Thailand are slim to none, my chances at getting a visa for Laos is as high as 50%. If we really would re-unite we could easily do so on the Laos side of the mekong river.

TL;DR: !@#$ Thailand for the time being. Laos and Cambodia are the way to go.

Don't know why Thailand is still heaven to many people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are still talking such incredibly tiny numbers - ordinary people, be they holidaymakers or retirees are clearly not in their sights.

They are clearly only making some provisions for the super rich, and friends of those in senior government.

Meanwhile, I got a text from a bar owner and good friend of nearly twenty years standing yesterday - really worried now that the regular tourists will go elsewhere and then not come back..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/18982/ccsa-welcomes-six-groups-of-foreign-travellers-hoping-to-stimulate-thai-economy/

number 6 must surely be an error - 500K in a bank for 6 months to extend a tourist visa for 30 days!! are they out of their minds? 

That supports the 30 day entries given to APEC holders, much like the visa wavier program.