There has been an announcement, that non immigrant visa holders are going to be allowed in, details should follow soon

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, howerde said:

There has been an announcement, that non immigrant visa holders are going to be allowed in, details should follow soon

Fingers crossed, then.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I replied to a post you did in another topic here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184735-retirement-visas-in-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=15861396

Details are unknown at this time but appears they are going to allow people with non immigrant visas to enter the country by applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy or consulate.

At this time you would need $100.000 of corvid 19 insurance coverage, get a corvid 19 test and go into 14 days of quarantine after arriving.

Where to buy the insurance coverage? 

11 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I am in a similar situation,  In Thailand,  on retirement visa, planning to leave but might stay because of the situation.   I have Insurance with Pacific Cross,  they are very good.  You can try them, have decent packages.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, davemax49 said:

I am in a similar situation,  In Thailand,  on retirement visa, planning to leave but might stay because of the situation.   I have Insurance with Pacific Cross,  they are very good.  You can try them, have decent packages.

One would need to check if the coverage obtained in the country would suffice to re-enter and obtain COE. I say this as a friend renewed his PC policy, but had to add to it to return from the UK etc etc, and was subjected to a 16,000 increase in Premium.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

You can buy an insurance in your home country. It doesn't have to be a Thai insurance. But it must cover Covid-19 100% and last the time you're in Thailand. A standard travel insurance will suffice if you're staying a short time. 

Edited by Max69xl
19 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

My wife is stuck in the U.K. her extension of stay has now expired I looked  at going back but the problem is as I am 69 the $100,000 Covid insurance would cost me 87,000 baht for a year plus all the BS restrictions to get back into Thailand it’s times like now I wish I had just rented instead of buying a property over here otherwise I would of been gone months ago . I have lost all hope of seeing my wife this side of Christmas/New Year. I think you would struggle to get back into Thailand if you went back just for Christmas 

There are apparently some moves to allow those with non immigrant visas to enter the country if they can show 500k baht in the bank for 6 months. Your wife might be able to get a single entry on non-o visa for being your wife and qualify if it works out the way it appears.

20 hours ago, jnp73 said:

Anyone got views about whether and how I can get back here if I go to the UK for Christmas? I have a retirement visa.

Little early to ask, a lot can change. Thailand is opening up for more foreign entries, and yesterday Richard Barrow posted...

According to this document released by the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern, foreigners holding a Valid Non-Immigrant Visa (O-A and O-X) are granted permission to enter Thailand from 29 September 2020 https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/56.html #Thailand

Source: Richard Barrow in Thailand (Facebook).

120196004_5066541073359719_1519844085502

120191085_5066541076693052_8170519065796

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Little early to ask, a lot can change. Thailand is opening up for more foreign entries, and yesterday Richard Barrow posted...

Source: Richard Barrow in Thailand (Facebook).

120196004_5066541073359719_1519844085502

120191085_5066541076693052_8170519065796

Where is the logic in letting retirees on O-A Visas/extensions apply for the CoE, and not retirees on annual O extensions, which is exactly same thing, (except for the health insurance)? 

• Like 2