Re-entry on a retirement visa

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I replied to a post you did in another topic here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184735-retirement-visas-in-thailand/?do=findComment&comment=15861396

Details are unknown at this time but appears they are going to allow people with non immigrant visas to enter the country by applying for a certificate of entry at a embassy or consulate.

At this time you would need $100.000 of corvid 19 insurance coverage, get a corvid 19 test and go into 14 days of quarantine after arriving.

Where to buy the insurance coverage? 

11 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I am in a similar situation,  In Thailand,  on retirement visa, planning to leave but might stay because of the situation.   I have Insurance with Pacific Cross,  they are very good.  You can try them, have decent packages.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davemax49 said:

I am in a similar situation,  In Thailand,  on retirement visa, planning to leave but might stay because of the situation.   I have Insurance with Pacific Cross,  they are very good.  You can try them, have decent packages.

One would need to check if the coverage obtained in the country would suffice to re-enter and obtain COE. I say this as a friend renewed his PC policy, but had to add to it to return from the UK etc etc, and was subjected to a 16,000 increase in Premium.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

You can buy an insurance in your home country. It doesn't have to be a Thai insurance. But it must cover Covid-19 100% and last the time you're in Thailand. A standard travel insurance will suffice if you're staying a short time. 

Edited by Max69xl

19 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

My wife is stuck in the U.K. her extension of stay has now expired I looked  at going back but the problem is as I am 69 the $100,000 Covid insurance would cost me 87,000 baht for a year plus all the BS restrictions to get back into Thailand it’s times like now I wish I had just rented instead of buying a property over here otherwise I would of been gone months ago . I have lost all hope of seeing my wife this side of Christmas/New Year. I think you would struggle to get back into Thailand if you went back just for Christmas 

There are apparently some moves to allow those with non immigrant visas to enter the country if they can show 500k baht in the bank for 6 months. Your wife might be able to get a single entry on non-o visa for being your wife and qualify if it works out the way it appears.

20 hours ago, jnp73 said:

Anyone got views about whether and how I can get back here if I go to the UK for Christmas? I have a retirement visa.

Little early to ask, a lot can change. Thailand is opening up for more foreign entries, and yesterday Richard Barrow posted...

According to this document released by the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern, foreigners holding a Valid Non-Immigrant Visa (O-A and O-X) are granted permission to enter Thailand from 29 September 2020 https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/56.html #Thailand

Source: Richard Barrow in Thailand (Facebook).

120196004_5066541073359719_1519844085502

120191085_5066541076693052_8170519065796

5 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Little early to ask, a lot can change. Thailand is opening up for more foreign entries, and yesterday Richard Barrow posted...

Source: Richard Barrow in Thailand (Facebook).

120196004_5066541073359719_1519844085502

120191085_5066541076693052_8170519065796

Where is the logic in letting retirees on O-A Visas/extensions apply for the CoE, and not retirees on annual O extensions, which is exactly same thing, (except for the health insurance)? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

My wife is stuck in the U.K. her extension of stay has now expired I looked  at going back but the problem is as I am 69 the $100,000 Covid insurance would cost me 87,000 baht for a year plus all the BS restrictions to get back into Thailand

23,000 baht for one year here https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

(cost varies by country you travel from but not by age. Available up to age 99).

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

The last 6 new categories still doesn't incl retirees. Maybe later,but not yet. 

As detailed in today's BP, the 6th category is simply any foreigner planning to stay at least 60 days and meeting a financial requirement so retirees would fit there (if they meet the financials).

The details of the financial requirement need to be made clearer.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As detailed in today's BP, the 6th category is simply any foreigner planning to stay at least 60 days and meeting a financial requirement so retirees would fit there (if they meet the financials).

In other articles it mentions a non immigrant visa uses a non-b visa as an example with the 500k baht in the bank for 6 months.

A lot a variances between assorted news articles.

• Like 2

If I was in your position I would put off a Christmas visit to the UK until next Christmas for 2 reasons

The UK is still in the grip of Covid (safer here) & the bun fight at the Thai Embassy there will not be believed until you see it. I doubt that you would get back before July 2021 & that is only if things start to get back to normal.

No ones fault, that is just the way it is & will remein

• Like 1

23 hours ago, natway09 said:

If I was in your position I would put off a Christmas visit to the UK until next Christmas for 2 reasons

The UK is still in the grip of Covid (safer here) & the bun fight at the Thai Embassy there will not be believed until you see it. I doubt that you would get back before July 2021 & that is only if things start to get back to normal.

No ones fault, that is just the way it is & will remein

I really do not know what to think about your comment about the Thai embassy. You do not have to go there. I am married to a Thai who is with me in the UK. I have just yesterday (Tuesday) sorted out our return. I took a massive 2 days. Monday this week I heard as expected that Qatar would now be allowed to fly to Bangkok with qualifying passengers. I changed my flight from 2nd Nov to the 5th to give me more time to get the Covid test. I booked our ASQ hotel 35k for me and 23,750 for my wife. I took out cheap annual $100k insurance in the UK to get through quarantine £68. I already have a re entry permit on my retirement extension so I did not need to apply for a new O visa. We applied online to the embassy through the new online process for pre approval for COE, this was authorised on Monday about 6pm. We both applied for the full COE and this was authorised at 8pm on Tuesday. No visit to the embassy, 6 days was quoted but they did it in 2 easy.

2 hours ago, jimn said:

I really do not know what to think about your comment about the Thai embassy. You do not have to go there. I am married to a Thai who is with me in the UK. I have just yesterday (Tuesday) sorted out our return. I took a massive 2 days. Monday this week I heard as expected that Qatar would now be allowed to fly to Bangkok with qualifying passengers. I changed my flight from 2nd Nov to the 5th to give me more time to get the Covid test. I booked our ASQ hotel 35k for me and 23,750 for my wife. I took out cheap annual $100k insurance in the UK to get through quarantine £68. I already have a re entry permit on my retirement extension so I did not need to apply for a new O visa. We applied online to the embassy through the new online process for pre approval for COE, this was authorised on Monday about 6pm. We both applied for the full COE and this was authorised at 8pm on Tuesday. No visit to the embassy, 6 days was quoted but they did it in 2 easy.

So, you took out a two week travel insurance? And the authorities were happy with that?

On 9/30/2020 at 11:49 AM, ubonjoe said:

This is what he wrote.

Yes UbonJoe thank you for correcting the poster. There are many UK insurance companies that offer cheap annual Multi Trip policies. They do have a limit on the days allowed per trip but the number is sufficient to allow for the quarantine and a few weeks after. The policy I took out fully covers Covid 19 and is for £20,000,000 coverage whereas the requirement is $100,000. The policy was accepted by the RTE London. The problem with many people is that they do not fully investigate what is available and do not understand. They end up paying big money for insurance from Thai insurance companies that they do not need. I have a separate long term insurance from a UK company that will fully cover my 7 month stay. I will not name the companies on here but if anyone wishes to know about policies that cover the quarantine and are accepted in London, drop me a PM and I will gladly tell you.

Part of the problem with the insurance for 100,000 dollars is the insured persons age. I was thinking of offering to take an 80,000 deductible if they would give me the insurance....or maybe even 90,000 dollars. If I cannot get it I won’t be leaving the country any time soon, or maybe ever.

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

Part of the problem with the insurance for 100,000 dollars is the insured persons age. I was thinking of offering to take an 80,000 deductible if they would give me the insurance....or maybe even 90,000 dollars. If I cannot get it I won’t be leaving the country any time soon, or maybe ever.

You can get the covid 19 insurance with $100.000 coverage here up to 99 years old. https://covid19.tgia.org/

I checked the price for it and there was no question about my age to get it.

If you also need the standard 40/400 to apply for a OA visa or to enter the county with one you could us both insurance policies. Check LMG for it here. https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa