New Requirements for TR60 Visa Type?

It seems to suggest that TR60 applications will now be accepted but you will need to submit bank statements with your application at consulates abroad.  If so, then it effectively shuts out gap-year students, backpackers, etc. No more budget travelers will be accepted into the Kingdom. 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/18982/ccsa-welcomes-six-groups-of-foreign-travellers-hoping-to-stimulate-thai-economy/

ITEM #6
6. Foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand for 60 days can extend the duration for an extra 30 days by providing a six-month bank statement, equivalent to at least 500,000 baht, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for permission.

Edited by audaciousnomad

I have not seen that posted in other news articles about the meeting today.

It may be something they are considering to allow some tourists to enter after getting a certificate of entry and etc. 

It will go away after things return to normal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It may be something they are considering to allow some tourists to enter after getting a certificate of entry and etc. 

While a steep requirement, it's a sign that the door is opening ever so slightly more. Yes, I don't see this requirement sticking around once the covid crisis is effectively resolved(whenever that is).  Definitely a barrier to mass tourism.

Edited by audaciousnomad

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The Thai spokesman definitely mentioned it on the TV midday briefing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

The Thai spokesman definitely mentioned it on the TV midday briefing.

This is just another category which will be allowed to apply for a CoE. It has nothing to do with the original 60 days tourist visa which probably will be back when everything goes back to normal. 

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

I read that the 500k is for business people with bank statements, I think they’re offering them a different type of visa. The 60 day extension will probably be for everyone 

No, I read it wrong - you’re right. But how would non imm holders have visas for working, but no wp and 500k in the bank? 

Edited by 2530Ubon

5 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

No, I read it wrong - you’re right. But how would non imm holders have visas for working, but no wp and 500k in the bank? 

A multiple entry non-b visa can be issued by a embassy for business and a work permit is not required. It allows them attend meeting and such that fall within to guidelines in the work permit rules. For the financial requirement they would prove the equivalent of 500k baht (approx $15,600) in a bank for 6 months in the country where they apply for COE.

The news article uses a business person as an example for those having non immigrant visas. That could include OA, non-o visas and extension. based upon retirement and etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-b visa can be issued by a embassy for business and a work permit is not required. It allows them attend meeting and such that fall within to guidelines in the work permit rules. For the financial requirement they would prove the equivalent of 500k baht (approx $15,600) in a bank for 6 months in the country where they apply for COE.

The news article uses a business person as an example for those having non immigrant visas. That could include OA, non-o visas and extension. based upon retirement and etc.

Thanks! I thought it was a bit strange as it wouldn’t let in more than a handful of people. Makes much more sense when you add all the other visas 

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

So I just read an update, the 500k requirement is for tourists who want to stay for 60 days. Can we apply for this in Thailand? Will it be extendable? 

That is only for applying for a tourist visa at a embassy or official consulate to get a certificate of entry.

It has been mentioned in the news articles that immigration will able to do 60 extensions after the October 31st. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1