Thailand extends grace period for stranded foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

18 minutes ago, Seik said:

Also glad these new extensions kick the embassies out of game because mine were being very anal about giving out the letter.

yes its catch 22 when local immigration require an origanal document letter from your consulate and but the consulate need proof of application submitted to the immigration 

Edited by JeffGroves
update clarity

8 minutes ago, JeffGroves said:

yes its catch 22 when local immigration require an origanal document letter from your consulate and but the consulate need proof of application submitted to the immigration 

and the consulate will only send emails with letter document attached.

so I have a question, If I colour print out a letter can I inform the local immigration it is an origanal or not ?

I currently have said yes to them

Edited by JeffGroves
clarification

2 minutes ago, worldfun said:

Must submit by Oct. 3 to stay after Oct. 31? Aren't the IO's tired? They really want all of us over the next couple of days?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ehgnyc said:

Must submit by Oct. 3 to stay after Oct. 31? Aren't the IO's tired? They really want all of us over the next couple of days?

It's sensible to stop people sitting on their hands until the end of Oct. Those that don't go to the IO this week to extend into November will have no excuse come 31 October. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, timoti said:

What about people with under consideration stamp? We will have to go again in 2 weeks so then how can we start a new application before this stamp is converted into real visa?

I doubt that. Technically you have applied before 3-Oct. So more than likely you will get your 31-Oct stamped in, and then have to apply once more and if approved will be on this new 60-day version beginning 1-Nov. (My opinion only)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, timoti said:

What about people with under consideration stamp? We will have to go again in 2 weeks so then how can we start a new application before this stamp is converted into real visa?

one of the articles linked today mentioned those under considerations would get extensions till 31oct but of course that gives only a few extra days lol ????

Stranded foreigners who wish to stay in Thailand after October 31 must submit an application to an Immigration office by October 3.

so does this requires a letter from the embassy as well? what about the 1900 baht paid previously for my extension till the 26th oct ? can i use it for the 60 days ext?

1 hour ago, ehgnyc said:

Before October 3? I went on the 25th and got given a “under consideration stamp” and told to come back on the 20th October.... now what? 

stay longer than October 31? Till how long then? How much? I got money lol