Win 10 upgrade has stuffed up everything again. Now cant display pictures.

All my photos used to display when I opened the folder, now I just get icons. If I click on the icon the photo shows but it's a guess which is which. How do I get it back to what it was?

P1050912.JPG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try this, Go to folder options and  UN-tick  "Always show Icons, never Thumbnails"  

I had nothing but issues with Windows 10 I completely disabled any and all updates and now everything is fine

Try moving some of the pictures to a new folder and see if the OS generates new thumbnails for them.   I've previously experienced thumbnail creation errors is one of the files in the folder

Posted Images

For me  did  UN-tick  "Always show Icons, never Thumbnails"

This morning still have Thumbnails + checked is still UN-ticked    ?

My PC did exactly the same thing last week

Uncheck the ' always show icons, never thumbnails '  ....  

Also, my text changed to a small horrible pixated type,  you have to check the box ' Cleartext Type '

11 hours ago, J Town said:

This upgrade buggered up my Nord vpn.

My Nord VPN did odd things as well. Uninstall it and reinstall it and it will work again. 

2 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

My Nord VPN did odd things as well. Uninstall it and reinstall it and it will work again.   

I tried that many times. I've gotten a HARD error TUN 1603 each install attempt. It's obviously common, there are a multitude of "fixes," none of which have worked for me. It IS about time for a rebuild - I reinstall Windows 2 or 3 times a year.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hereforgood said:

I had nothing but issues with Windows 10 I completely disabled any and all updates and now everything is fine

Good result,my Pc freezes at hp logo screen

I had two issues last week after some updates were installed. One was 'Mail' and when I tried to open it a small window just said 'we are updating Mail gives us a few minutes'. after a couple of hours it hadn't changed so I 'uninstalled' and re-installed and was okay. I purchased Office Home and Student 2019 last year but after the update it booted with Office 365. I checked the details just to make sure I still had license for 2019 and no change there. But the application display was that of Office 365 and not my 2019 purchase (still had my add ins). After about half an hour of searching through update problem forums and found one that said that all office programs would now boot from 365. Then on Sunday another (brief) update and my Office is back to 2019 boot.

You could try installing a photo viewer and see if that works. I use FastStone Image Viewer. I think also it is possible to reverse an update for a limited period. Look at the Update options in Settings.

I'm not being cheeky.  This is an honest suggestion.

Reconfigure you system so that you run Windows 10 but leave enough disk space to load a version of Linux such as Ubuntu in dual boot mode.

You'll be able to run your legacy Windows programs as you explore Linux and the applications it supports.  Linux doesn't have the bloat the plagues Windows 10.  It's fast and relatively small, updates quickly and easily, and because it's open source there is a wealth of help via Linux forums.  You'll probably find you spend less time using Windows.  I did this years ago and very seldom use Windows, and when I do use Win10 it's generally an unpleasant experience.  Best of luck with you Win10 issues.  :thumbsup:

• Sad 1