Trying to protect others despite thinking it's futile to even try

Deserted

The only thing missing from the OP was a link to the Mirror or Sun as it sounded like a story straight out of one of those, except there is usually a more dramatic ending to them.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They were drunk and not paying close attention to their beers. One friend was about to leave, my friend said was going to leave in 5-10mins or so, perhaps have another drink. 

My friend took a sip from his beer and straight away tasted something strange he described as a chemical taste - he immediately spat out his beer, my friend said he thought they’d tried to ‘drug him with something’.

My friend is sure something had been put in his drink.

Sounds more like someone was getting ready to leave (after paying the bill) and dropped a cigarette butt into what he thought was an empty beer bottle. (Wait, let me guess, neither of them smokes.)

I've seen that happen so often in bars and at parties. I don't drink beer (prefer my Jack & Coke) and I've seen people look around then drop a butt into a half full glass on a table and walk away. At least you can (usually) see it in those cases, unlike when the same kind of people drop their butts into a beer bottle or can.

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You [CodFace] seem to imply the Op was led directly into an immediately recognisable crack-den, but he describes being first led into a room, then another - the situation clearly ‘growing’ and escalating. The op clearly being too trusting and naive took too long to recognise the danger he was facing, when he did, he left - The Op was lucky and has learned from a mistake. 

From the OP's story:

She had a room in a very cheap hotel on a side street and on the floor below almost every room door was open and it was full of street girls doing drugs.

Yeah, nothing to raise the suspicions there. :whistling:

Keep in mind that the OP has apparently been in country for a long time and apparently is well aware of places like Nana. He isn't a "fresh of the plane" starry-eyed first timer here.

• Like 2

Sure sounds like a creative writing essay for ESL class.

"I don't drink and dislike bars, so that wasn't an option." 1. I don't drink and have gone to bars 2. "dislike bars" is not good enough reason to go with stranger.

I don't buy any of the story

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Sure sounds like a creative writing essay for ESL class.

"I don't drink and dislike bars, so that wasn't an option." 1. I don't drink and have gone to bars 2. "dislike bars" is not good enough reason to go with stranger.

I don't buy any of the story

sounds like one of those bloggers !

• Like 1

This story just does not "Ring true" on so many levels, but without repeating or going in to details covered by others, this Guy is not a "Newbie".

If he doesn't like bars, drinking or doing drugs then what the "Fluck" was he doing on Soi 4 Sukhumvit?

Maybe he was looking for sex (which is not mentioned by the OP), but my guess is he is well practiced at DIY anyway if he expects anyone to believe this SH!TE? :cheesy:

Edited by Mario666
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Don't trust any Thai in Bangkok offering help  and I mean ANY ! 'Something for nothing' doesn't exist !

Welcome to the bad areas of Bangkok. There are a few, so don't go there, or go with friends and if you go to a bar don't order water, as you might have to fight your way out. This happen to me once and I was with Thai friends.

It couldn't rain hard enough for me to be desperate enough to go to a stranger's room. In Central Bangkok, that is, in the countryside it might be different.

Sukhumvit Soi 4, you say, aka Nana? I'd dash to the nearest 7/11 or to the BTS station if in doubt. You're not made of sugar, you won't disintegrate in the rain. Good luck next time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1