Trying to protect others despite thinking it's futile to even try

Deserted

On 9/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, Deserted said:

I'm tempted to just tell the hotel owner I am very unhappy about what nearly happened and will be back in an hour with the police. They will search your hotel and arrest people, and this will happen again next week. That should shake therm up.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, Deserted said:

I'm tempted to just tell the hotel owner I am very unhappy about what nearly happened and will be back in an hour with the police. They will search your hotel and arrest people, and this will happen again next week. That should shake therm up.

Wow. You are naive. You should have gone to a bar and ordered a soda water. But your prejudice against bars prevented you. Once you saw girls taking drugs you should have left. Once you heard them talking badly you should have left. You should not have talked to the girl. What  should you do? Stop being scared of water!! Once you are soaked you are soaked. Big deal. Its just water! Now forget it and put it down to experience. 

Edited by Nout

14 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Got a death wish have you ?  You say you don't like bars so didn't take shelter in one well I don't drink but at times have gone into a bar ordered a coke or juice drink andsat andwatched the large screen tv' showing sports or other stuff so you should have done that. If I went into foyer of a hotel and drugs were being sold or other illegal or shady things happening I would have beeen out ofthere. Thanks for the warning but I don't think anyone  with any street smarts will get caught up in the situation you put yourself in even if they don't speak Thai.

This is the story of a foolish person

• Like 1

Just now, chezy86 said:

It’s sad but I learned long ago “trust nobody”. Can’t go wrong then ????

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Let's not forget also that he was close to the Nana hotel where he could easily have sheltered for as long as he wanted. More evidence that the OP has fed us a fantasy. He really didn't think his story through very well.

Nana hotel closed

1 minute ago, Nout said:
13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Let's not forget also that he was close to the Nana hotel where he could easily have sheltered for as long as he wanted. More evidence that the OP has fed us a fantasy. He really didn't think his story through very well.

Nana hotel closed

I've read that some floors are open, not all. Reported by Stickman a couple of weeks ago. Are you saying for a fact that it is closed? I'm interested to know.

1 minute ago, chezy86 said:

It’s sad but I learned long ago “trust nobody”. Can’t go wrong then ????

it is sad I do trust people and it has enriched my life. People have been kind kind and helpful to me here and in other parts of the world. Your sad outlook reflects an inner turmoil.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, Deserted said:

it was literally 20 meters and i don't go into bars. it seemed okay but yes when I saw what was goin on on the floor below, I realized I had made a mistake but was also in disbelief to some degree. 

Go into a bar and order a soda. 

You can't solve Bangkok's problems. 

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

I've read that some floors are open, not all. Reported by Stickman a couple of weeks ago. Are you saying for a fact that it is closed? I'm interested to know.

A bellboy told me it was closed a month ago

Just now, Nout said:

it is sad I do trust people and it has enriched my life. People have been kind kind and helpful to me here and in other parts of the world. Your sad outlook reflects an inner turmoil.

Okay. Try lending a Thai some money, and then get back to us when they've paid the money back to you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/28/2020 at 7:35 PM, Deserted said:

What to do? 

Some good advice from members. But my advice would be to pad out your story a little, acquire some contacts in publishing and see if you can strike a deal writing short stories.

And if it's true, which I absolutely believe it is, then see if you can up the anti with a few other 'dangerous' scenarios.  Oh and finally, have you written a will and tied up your loose ends?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nout said:
3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A bellboy told me it was closed a month ago

I assume you mean that a month ago a bellboy told you it was closed, not that the hotel was closed a month ago. There is a difference. As I wrote, Stickman reported a couple of weeks ago that some floors were now open. That is more recent than a month ago.

53 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Welcome to the bad areas of Bangkok. There are a few, so don't go there, or go with friends and if you go to a bar don't order water, as you might have to fight your way out. This happen to me once and I was with Thai friends.

I often order soda water. No problem.  They still make a profit.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Don't trust any Thai in Bangkok offering help  and I mean ANY ! 'Something for nothing' doesn't exist !

Rubbish! There are plenty of kind hearted helpful people in Bangkok. Your paranoid mentality isolates you from so many good experiences. I would be ashamed to live such a fearful life as you. It also reflects that you are an unkind , unhelpful person.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, Deserted said:

One assumes you'll enjoy waking up with  a horses head in your bed......or worse  ????

On 9/28/2020 at 2:35 PM, Deserted said:

What to do? 

Next time you get caught in a tropical shower, rather use the bar option and order a soda – that's what I would do, but I also got the good advice, never to walk up second floor (or higher) in Sukhumvit area...????

About the incident with the rain-girl? Just take it as a lesson – see above – nothing of an alien's business to neither worry bout, nor think about...????

20 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Next time you get caught in a tropical shower, rather use the bar option and order a soda – that's what I would do, but I also got the good advice, never to walk up second floor (or higher) in Sukhumvit area...????

About the incident with the rain-girl? Just take it as a lesson – see above – nothing of an alien's business to neither worry bout, nor think about...????

The second floor theory is nonsense originating in Pat Pong where upstairs bars were dodgy in the 80s But most of NP IS 2nd and 3rd Floor

.Many roof top bars are fun. Many massage parlours have rooms upstairs.

Edited by Nout

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I assume you mean that a month ago a bellboy told you it was closed, not that the hotel was closed a month ago. There is a difference. As I wrote, Stickman reported a couple of weeks ago that some floors were now open. That is more recent than a month ago.

Indeed. The bell boy said it was going to open up in October

• Like 1