Thaivisa Web Content Team

'I told my friend her baby name is ridiculously stupid and now she's upset'

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm partial to Moon Unit.

But only if it's a girl.

Dweezil if it's a boy.

That's my boy

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My wife in Thailand occasionally takes care of a little girl they officially named 'doughnut' ! Poor kid

Why poor kid isn't she sweet?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My wife in Thailand occasionally takes care of a little girl they officially named 'doughnut' ! Poor kid

Loads of children in my Village have strange names, Watermelon, New Year, Rain, Beer, very normal in Thai Society...

Edited by Gjk7777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

A second said: "That poor child will have to spell her name for everyone, and correct people mis-pronouncing it."

I suppose the soon-to-be mum could explain to those who are familiar with the phrase Aryan race to just drop the 'n' in their pronunciation. Alternatively, Aryan race is probably the most original given name ever, if that helps.

Edited by torturedsole

A couple I know had two kids, 1988-1991.  The first was a boy they named Zack, the latter a girl they named Hannah.  They often boasted about how they were able to come up with such unique names.  Within about 12 years there were two television shows titled for characters of either name. 

When I was a kid there was a doughnut -sort of thing called a Mae West.  Never heard the story of why it was named that, but it was a little wide in the middle and had a hole in it.  Just did an image search and couldn't find the one I remember.  I feel sorry for the girl doughnut, it's going to be a tough adolescence.

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

A couple I know had two kids, 1988-1991.  The first was a boy they named Zack, the latter a girl they named Hannah.  They often boasted about how they were able to come up with such unique names.  Within about 12 years there were two television shows titled for characters of either name. 

When I was a kid there was a doughnut -sort of thing called a Mae West.  Never heard the story of why it was named that, but it was a little wide in the middle and had a hole in it.  Just did an image search and couldn't find the one I remember.  I feel sorry for the girl doughnut, it's going to be a tough adolescence.

Thais don't even realize what it means they would call them Hitler, Stalin and they would think it

is a nice name

What's in a name...call it Judas....

On 9/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, impulse said:

I'm partial to Moon Unit.

But only if it's a girl.

Dweezil if it's a boy.

Be careful you could be Zapped!

A Thai friend named her son Army. Don't know the Thai significance but seems weird to me. However, my lips are seals. So to speak. So has a Masters degree and speaks English.

But he does like to play with toy tanks.