How do you book and pay for an ASQ?

Hey

I'm going to Thailand on an O visa and the embassy told me to book an ASQ. They provided me with the list of all ASQ hotels but no further information. 

How do I book and pay for an ASQ hotel? Do I just use the normal booking functionality on the hotels website or do I have to email them to book? If the latter, how do I pay them? 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

My friend got an answer from the ASQ hotell he contacted, that he should book via the thai-embassy!!! A lot of shady information floating around it seems. Anybody knows how his routin goes/works??

thnks

glegolo

You book the ASQ-hotel yourself and pay in advance. 

I went through this process about 6 weeks ago in the US. After choosing the flight I contacted the hotel using the email in the ASQ brochure to make sure the room type I wanted was available. I then told them I wanted to book for those dates. I had to submit into to them - my and my wife's passport info and then credit card info. At this point I was dealing with the hotel manager. After payment cleared the hotel then issued a confirmation letter that I had to upload to the Thai embassy's website. The only time I dealt with the Thai embassy re: ASQ was to get the list of approved ASQ hotels. 

My Wife called around the hotels to find which were available (this was back in July)

I then found the best method of contacting the ASQ hotels was via their facebook messaging pages. 

The hotels usually responded quickly (within 30mins)

Once questions were answered the hotel e-mailed me a link to a specific ASQ booking page. 

On this ASQ booking page I had to answer some questions about agreeing to be quarantined, agreeing to Covid-19 tests etc. I also paid the deposit on this link. 

Once complete the hotel e-mailed the ASQ Booking conformation. 

I submitted the ASQ booking to the Thai Embassy (London) who then issued me with the Certificate of Entry. 

Note: The Embassy organised the flight and had that booking already along with all other required documents.

The Embassy did not require the Covid-19 Test and Fit to Fly Certificates - these were required for Check in at the Airport. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife called around the hotels to find which were available (this was back in July)

I then found the best method of contacting the ASQ hotels was via their facebook messaging pages. 

The hotels usually responded quickly (within 30mins)

Once questions were answered the hotel e-mailed me a link to a specific ASQ booking page. 

On this ASQ booking page I had to answer some questions about agreeing to be quarantined, agreeing to Covid-19 tests etc. I also paid the deposit on this link. 

Once complete the hotel e-mailed the ASQ Booking conformation. 

Wonder how long before fake ASQ hotel FB pages start appearing, with chat links pointing to Thai ASQ hotel manager in Nigeria... Can pay Western Union...

8 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If i'm not mistaken the list includes all the e-mail address's, e-mail the ones that appeal to you with your arrival date and ask for availability, 15 nights from when you arrive.

I think it's 14 nights which is 15 days. 

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Wonder how long before fake ASQ hotel FB pages start appearing, with chat links pointing to Thai ASQ hotel manager in Nigeria... Can pay Western Union...

No one forces you to use any FB-link. You can find the correct ASQ-hotel list if using for example Google. 

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

My friend got an answer from the ASQ hotell he contacted, that he should book via the thai-embassy!!! A lot of shady information floating around it seems. Anybody knows how his routin goes/works??

thnks

glegolo

Once you've got a seat confirmed embassy will send you a list of all ASQ hotels and tell you to book.

Once booked and paid send confirmation to embassy.

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:
27 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

No one forces you to use any FB-link. You can find the correct ASQ-hotel list if using for example Google. 

The embassy sends you a list of ASQ hotels with all the contact details you use, FB is not required for anything.

I despise FB.

Agreed Facebook is not a ‘requirement’ to contact the hotels and no one is forcing people to use facebook. 

However, from overseas, if someone doesn’t want to phone hotels directly, they can be contacted by e-mail or by facebook messenger.

Most businesses in Thailand have a Facebook account and a Line account - its easier to get hold of businesses on Facebook messenger than through any other media, except the phone, but then you are dealing with language issues and expensive overseas phone bills. 

All hotels I contacted Via Facebook messenger responded quickly and answered all my questions. 

I found this the most efficient way of contacting the available ASQ hotels to ask questions. 

Others may prefer e-mail. 

If someone is trying desperately to secure an ASQ booking I think whether or not Facebook is a likeable or detestable application is completely irrelevant - using the best tool for your requirements is paramount.

In this case, Thai hotels respond to questions Facebook messenger faster than anything else other than a phone call. 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed Facebook is not a ‘requirement’ to contact the hotels and no one is forcing people to use facebook. 

However, from overseas, if someone doesn’t want to phone hotels directly, they can be contacted by e-mail or by facebook messenger.

Most businesses in Thailand have a Facebook account and a Line account - its easier to get hold of businesses on Facebook messenger than through any other media, except the phone, but then you are dealing with language issues and expensive overseas phone bills. 

All hotels I contacted Via Facebook messenger responded quickly and answered all my questions. 

I found this the most efficient way of contacting the available ASQ hotels to ask questions. 

Others may prefer e-mail. 

If someone is trying desperately to secure an ASQ booking I think whether or not Facebook is a likeable or detestable application is completely irrelevant - using the best tool for your requirements is paramount.

In this case, Thai hotels respond to questions Facebook messenger faster than anything else other than a phone call. 

I e-mailed over 40 hotels one evening once flight confirmed from embassy, went to bed and the next morning about 70-80% had replied.

FB not required IMO.

i found that each hotel really is different... some were very responsive to LINE messages, other were more FB oriented and a few were email-only.  As far as paying for it, i found that nearly all wanted *at least* partial (like 50%) as a deposit before they’d issue you the letter you’d need to show the embassy for the CoE... others wanted 100% right up front... most took a credit card, some would also do bank transfer as well.. the thing that i think is/was critical is making sure you knew/know that particular ASQs change/cancellation policy as it can vary between hotels.  

1 hour ago, new2here said:

i found that each hotel really is different... some were very responsive to LINE messages, other were more FB oriented and a few were email-only.  As far as paying for it, i found that nearly all wanted *at least* partial (like 50%) as a deposit before they’d issue you the letter you’d need to show the embassy for the CoE... others wanted 100% right up front... most took a credit card, some would also do bank transfer as well.. the thing that i think is/was critical is making sure you knew/know that particular ASQs change/cancellation policy as it can vary between hotels.  

The cancellation policy is irrelevant really, the flight confirmation comes first.

Unless you fail your CV-19 test prior to flying ( if required ).

5 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Nope - it is 15 nights - 14 full days. You can leave from 7am after night 15.

in case anyone is still in doubt - it's 15 nights.

my company has made my booking and i see is 15 nights.

my initial booking was made before i had COE and flight - as i thought that was the sequence - and when i failed with the Thai embassy September flights i phoned my ASQ to rebook. So also consider phoning directly - you can get a quick and straight answer, and if your dates aren't available you can discuss new dates without back and forth emails.

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I e-mailed over 40 hotels one evening once flight confirmed from embassy, went to bed and the next morning about 70-80% had replied.

FB not required IMO.

I contacted two by FB messenger... and was chatting with a staff member 30mins later who answered all my questions.

E-mailing 40 separate hotels not required, IMO !!!! 

Its a preference thing... 

4 hours ago, PatrickC said:

E-mailing 40 hotels seems a tad excessive.

But actually the Thai govt should design a booking.com type reservation system for ASQ. It is becoming such a big thing - seems some IT spend to build a booking platform would be a good thing

E-mailing 40 hotels is better than being stuck in Blighty like plenty others.

Your second paragraph is hilarious, how long have you been here? Do you this that's a reality?

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:
4 hours ago, PatrickC said:

E-mailing 40 hotels seems a tad excessive.

But actually the Thai govt should design a booking.com type reservation system for ASQ. It is becoming such a big thing - seems some IT spend to build a booking platform would be a good thing

E-mailing 40 hotels is better than being stuck in Blighty like plenty others.

Your second paragraph is hilarious, how long have you been here? Do you this that's a reality?

A ‘central ASQ booking system’ would make a lot of sense. 

ASQ booking has been a disaster for some as many, paranoid of missing out have booked out hotel rooms on the off chance that their CoE application would be approved. 

Additionally, there as a great deal of misinformation that and some embassies were insisting on a confirmed ASQ booking for the CoE application process, i.e. requiring booking people either knew they couldn’t make or were unsure they could make. 

Both situations created a large but false over demand. 

I’ve had friends very nearly unable to get back because they were unable to secure an ASQ booking after being informed they were getting approved for their CoE. 

Centralising the booking process for those who have been notified they will receive a Certificate of Entry would eased eased a lot panic and stress for many. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A ‘central ASQ booking system’ would make a lot of sense. 

ASQ booking has been a disaster for some as many, paranoid of missing out have booked out hotel rooms on the off chance that their CoE application would be approved. 

Additionally, there as a great deal of misinformation that and some embassies were insisting on a confirmed ASQ booking for the CoE application process, i.e. requiring booking people either knew they couldn’t make or were unsure they could make. 

Both situations created a large but false over demand. 

I’ve had friends very nearly unable to get back because they were unable to secure an ASQ booking after being informed they were getting approved for their CoE. 

Centralising the booking process for those who have been notified they will receive a Certificate of Entry would eased eased a lot panic and stress for many. 

I agree a better system would make the process a lot easier, but there's no chance of it happening.

They've had how many months to improve the system, has it got any better? will it get any better?

I think we both know the answer to that.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I agree a better system would make the process a lot easier, but there's no chance of it happening.

They've had how many months to improve the system, has it got any better? will it get any better?

I think we both know the answer to that.

Agreed... where does any country have any incentive to make anything government related easier and more efficient.

If any government body world wide were a private enterprise with completion they’d fail very quickly. 

That said - its easy enough to book the ASQ rooms, it just takes a little leg work to find out which ones are available and then there is the ‘over booking’ screw up as people book rooms they don’t know they’ll need. 

Fortunately there are lot more options now than there were a few months ago... 40 I think compared to about 12 a few months ago. 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... where does any country have any incentive to make anything government related easier and more efficient.

If any government body world wide were a private enterprise with completion they’d fail very quickly. 

That said - its easy enough to book the ASQ rooms, it just takes a little leg work to find out which ones are available and then there is the ‘over booking’ screw up as people book rooms they don’t know they’ll need. 

Yes, tbh i found the whole process of getting back easy enough.

The worst part for me was the CV test 72 hours prior to flying, i did it in london on the friday morning and never got the results till midday on the Sunday which was not a nice wait.

Apart from that simple enough.

2 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

What's it like to be stuck in a small moldy room 24 hrs day /15 days? Are you allowed to walk around the hotel or outside sometimes? Sounds like house arrest.

People are allowed out to take exercise on a regular basis if the hotel has an area for this but obviously isolated. Yes it is like house arrest. Talking to a couple who went through it, not pleasant at all.... but, like beating oneself over the head with a stick, fantastic when it ends.

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

People are allowed out to take exercise on a regular basis if the hotel has an area for this but obviously isolated. Yes it is like house arrest. Talking to a couple who went through it, not pleasant at all.... but, like beating oneself over the head with a stick, fantastic when it ends.

I feel like i'm a bit in  house arrest anyways here in Toronto since there is not much to do with everything shut and the worry of catching the virus, winter setting in.

I think shifting to Thailand would be liberating after the quarantine. I assume walk around freely without a mask. Jet lag is also a good excuse to sleep all day.

What about these charter flights? I have to wait for a special flight to be arranged from To- bkk? How much will that cost?

Archived