GLO eyes referendum on online lottery

webfact

GLO eyes referendum on online lottery

By The Nation

800_b8696a37aed160c.jpg?v=1601288809

The Government Lottery Office (GLO) is planning to hold a public referendum on online lottery in March next year to decide on the future of online betting.

Patchara Anuntasilpa, director-general of the Excise Department, said GLO has hired an academic institution to oversee the referendum, which will help decide whether Thailand is ready for an online lottery and how it should be organised.

“Once we have a conclusion from related organisations, we will hand in a proposal to the Cabinet before a related law is drafted,” he said.

From December 16, all lotteries in the country will be standardised.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395267

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-29

I remember one of the first thing Cha Cha and the junta promised when them steal the power was that them was going to bring happiness back to the people and stop the over pricing of the lottery and bring it back to 80 bath a ticket , well you are very lucky if you can find a lottery ticket to 80 bath and i dont see many happy Thais this days so i guess we can agree that Cha Cha and the junta have preatty much failed on this two promises to ☹️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, engamann said:

I remember one of the first thing Cha Cha and the junta promised when them steal the power was that them was going to bring happiness back to the people and stop the over pricing of the lottery and bring it back to 80 bath a ticket , well you are very lucky if you can find a lottery ticket to 80 bath and i dont see many happy Thais this days so i guess we can agree that Cha Cha and the junta have preatty much failed on this two promises to ☹️

Amongst many 100's of other failures ????????????????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

End of the day, if they make the lottery electronic, there'll be another million unemployed 

Unfortunately those selling tickets may be doing it to themselves.  By law the per ticket price is capped at ฿80.  So now sellers either bundle tickets and refuse to sell individual tickets and the bundled tickets sell for ฿100 each.
So, seller greed may there demise if online sales are capped at the legal price of ฿80 per ticket. Plus in this electronic age people may enjoy the ability to plug in their own numbers instead of searching through a stack of overpriced (covid-covered?) paper tickets in order to find their magic number combination.  Plus the whole system becomes more effienct and cost effective as printing and distribution costs are virtually eliminated.
So, unfortunately, ticket sellers may have screwed themselves.  The power of greed.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2