Biden campaign tees up Trump tax issue on eve of first debate

webfact

2 hours ago, Morch said:

It' hard to debate because it's meaningless. Most media venues have 'issues'. Just what issues, whether and how they effect reporting is another matter. The way you presented it is more of a general dismissal, and is not in line with fact and reality:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-post/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/boston-globe/

As usual for Trump supporters, no clear alternatives are offered. The most common deflection being along the lines of do-you-own-research - which is no answer. You guys don't like the MSM, but the host of them 'alternate' sources you often pile up are often even more biased, and rarely (if ever) go through the same level of scrutiny with regard to reports.

Amazing. I’ve become one of “ you guys” from saying a newspaper has issues. Both figuratively and literally along with a smile face. I try to be very open minded and I find many many posters here are not.  

14 hours ago, stevenl said:

Illegal?

Media don't sit on news, always afraid someone else will run away with a scoop.

unless you're the national enquirer( i know hardly mainstream media) i've heard it said they do catch and kill stories i just can't remember the details like all republicans selective memories

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Very funny. Now, let us see what the, “court of public opinion” thinks. The working middle class has justified frustration/anger at the economic squeeze. Part of those who supported him believed he would, “drain the swamp”. Now they are faced with the fact that he is part of the swamp taking their tax money while he pays little to nothing. Agreed ... because that is how the , “swamp” designed the tax law ...

They are the target audience because many don't make the connection that rich people and corporations are simply playing by the rules that those in Congress... who are elected by the target audience,  gave them to play by. They should vent their anger at the source

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

They are the target audience because many don't make the connection that rich people and corporations are simply playing by the rules that those in Congress... who are elected by the target audience,  gave them to play by. They should vent their anger at the source

Trump outpaces Obama, Bush in naming ex-lobbyists to Cabinet

https://apnews.com/article/08dce0f5f9c24a6aa355cd0aab3747d9

Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class for first time

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/09/trump-tax-cuts-helped-billionaires-pay-less

But yeah, sure....let's get angry at the Congress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but Trump, like others in his position, don't do their own taxes. They have a fleet of tax attorneys and accountants working for them whose sole purpose is to identify and take advantage of every deduction available.  Tax Code can be fixed by Congress anytime but it won't be because the latter holding the leadership positions in each party are compensated well to keep it as is. 

Besides, If there was anything truly nefarious in Trump's tax returns, Obama would have had his pet squirrel Koskinen at the IRS leak it to the media in October 2016

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Morch said:

More like a trash post by a biased poster.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-times/

As with most Trump fans, out of touch with reality when it comes to media sources, and unable to provide credible alternatives.

I guess that is why Bari Weiss resigned?   Are you living under a rock?  Educate yourself.  LOL

"Bari Weiss, a New York Times op-ed editor whose sin was not being a lockstep left-winger, has delivered a scathing indictment of the paper’s out-of-control liberal culture--in the form of a resignation letter."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but Trump, like others in his position, don't do their own taxes. They have a fleet of tax attorneys and accountants working for them whose sole purpose is to identify and take advantage of every deduction available.  Tax Code can be fixed by Congress anytime but it won't be because the latter holding the leadership positions in each party are compensated well to keep it as is. 

Besides, If there was anything truly nefarious in Trump's tax returns, Obama would have had his pet squirrel Koskinen at the IRS leak it to the media in October 2016

And that's why Obama leaked the news of the FBI investigation of Trump before the election. Except he didn't.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

According to unnamed sources, Biden will be declared the winner by the majority of news outlets...his multiple gaffes will largely be ignored and inability to articulate a complete sentence will be explained as multitasking...

The ability to articulate is not something a trump supporter should bring up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

I don't trust the NY times. Let's revisit this story in a couple weeks and see if they apologize - again!

It seems to be difficult to find a common ground about various Trump supporters' arguments. Some argue that it may be fake, and some argue that the NYT should indicted for leaking confidential information.

Some are even using both arguments, lol! (Not you, I checked ????). Well, same as Trump! ????

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, candide said:

It seems to be difficult to find a common ground about various Trump supporters' arguments. Some argue that it may be fake, and some argue that the NYT should indicted for leaking confidential information.

Some are even using both arguments, lol! (Not you, I checked ????). Well, same as Trump! ????

They all have common ground in refusing to say what their infallible sources of information are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Agreed, the ultimate responsibility is the American citizen. We have met the enemy and he is us. I have real concern the the USA as the hope and promise that citizens are capable of governing themselves is failing.

10 hours ago, coolhand555 said:

Actually, I hope that Biden doesn't pursue the tax stuff. People are so used to Trump lying by now that I don't know that it will make much of a ruffle. Better to let Trump worry about the possibility. What Biden should be going after is the effect that the appointment of Barrett will have on Obamacare. 38 states now including many Red States have approved its expansion. In five of those red voters actually voted for it in referenda over the objections of Republican governors and legislators.

My goodness, it almost sounds as if you are saying Obamacare is a Right, if so, it should be enshrined in a Constitutional Amendment, and accordingly it would be easily done as it appears - according to you -3/4 of the state legislatures would approve a Constitutional Amendment mandating Obamacare. Perhaps that should be attempted by Democrats. Your numbers seem to indicate a clear easy passage of such an Amendment. See? No need for rioting in the Streets, or attacking a Mother of 7 over a hypothetical after all. The Constitution provides a way -

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

I guess that is why Bari Weiss resigned?   Are you living under a rock?  Educate yourself.  LOL

"Bari Weiss, a New York Times op-ed editor whose sin was not being a lockstep left-winger, has delivered a scathing indictment of the paper’s out-of-control liberal culture--in the form of a resignation letter."

Did the complaint had anything to do with reporting the news? Or rather with opinion columns? I do not denying the NYT leanings (if not characterizing them quite as extreme as some you do) - in fact, it appears in the link provided. Educate yourself? Try and comprehend the difference between reliability or factual and bias. Not quite the same. Bias is an issue only when it gets out of hand and effects reporting.

9 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

It shouldn't come as a surprise that a Trump supporter would seek, again, to make the case for Trump not being responsible for anything. Now, apparently, it's all tax attorneys', accountants', and the Congress' fault.

The facts are Trump stacks his administration with swamp dwellers (maybe they are from a different swamp so it doesn't count. Or something.). Trump's tax cuts benefited the rich. Your claims regarding what Obama might have done are both conspiracy theory stuff, and whataboutery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Did the complaint had anything to do with reporting the news? Or rather with opinion columns? I do not denying the NYT leanings (if not characterizing them quite as extreme as some you do) - in fact, it appears in the link provided. Educate yourself? Try and comprehend the difference between reliability or factual and bias. Not quite the same. Bias is an issue only when it gets out of hand and effects reporting.

It's out of hand, waaay out of hand. They are pure Democrat narrative 24/7

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

It's out of hand, waaay out of hand. They are pure Democrat narrative 24/7

That's your opinion. And given that you're strongly biased the other way, nor providing any sort of even semi objective support for your claim, they are on par with the other poster's comments.

See the link provided above. Try and figure it out. It's not too hard.

• Like 1

Just now, Morch said:

That's your opinion. And given that you're strongly biased the other way, nor providing any sort of even semi objective support for your claim, they are on par with the other poster's comments.

See the link provided above. Try and figure it out. It's not too hard.

My support for my claim is that they attack the Republicans, No matter what. And they fall all over themselves for the Democrats. If you can't see it you don't want to see it. And me being biased is my right, but I am not strongly in favor of any political activity currently. I just see the Democrats as the most dangerous.

• Like 1

Trump is utterly destroying Biden in the debate. It's almost pitiful to watch. 

Biden looks like Bambi in the headlights. Trump mercilessly exploiting his media savvy against the hapless Biden.

It doesn't look like the tax issue will have any impact. With this debate annihilation of Biden it's virtually assured that Trump will be re-elected.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

My support for my claim is that they attack the Republicans, No matter what. And they fall all over themselves for the Democrats. If you can't see it you don't want to see it. And me being biased is my right, but I am not strongly in favor of any political activity currently. I just see the Democrats as the most dangerous.

Again, you provide personal opinion, not facts. That there is a bias - this is not denied. That it is quite as strong as you (and others) try to make it, doesn't seem to be the case. More to do, I think, with perceptions related to one's own political positions relative to the media source's 'average'. Given that far-left (or even Left) criticism of the NYT is a thing, I doubt it could be objectively described as being that extreme as some of you shoot for.

And again, bias by itself does not necessarily imply reports are thoroughly discredited. This would require a very high level of bias, low journalistic standards, no oversight, and ignoring/twisting facts altogether. Spin things whichever you like, that's not quite the NYT - other than in your mind.

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Trump is utterly destroying Biden in the debate. It's almost pitiful to watch. 

Biden looks like Bambi in the headlights. Trump mercilessly exploiting his media savvy against the hapless Biden.

It doesn't look like the tax issue will have any impact. With this debate annihilation of Biden it's virtually assured that Trump will be re-elected.

Because you say so. Sure. Guess you're into bullies, anyway.

As said before, doubt the debates will have much of an effect on committed voters, and that the 'swing' vote will clearly go one side or another. Trump's prospects require a major shift, Biden maybe just needs to hold on to his electoral ground.

• Like 1