Biden campaign tees up Trump tax issue on eve of first debate

webfact

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No reference at all of reality in this post. They're both acting like street fighters, Trump the meaner, so yeah if you like that Trump is destroying Biden. Biden is showing much more factual knowledge of the issues at hand.

Looking at your post, it only confirms that people entrenched in their opinion won't change it, it is about the other voters. And so far it looks like not many will be swayed to either side.

They're both acting like street fighters? Lol. Biden looks like a grandmother frozen just before crossing a busy street. He just tried to make an argument and forgot what he was trying to say and broke off mid-sentence.

Plus Biden is stiff like a plank. And how he had to take that punch to the face that Hunter Biden was discharged dishonourably from the military for taking drugs. I really feel pity for Biden. It's just brutal. But it's all one way.

We both know that elections have been decided by presidential debates, one only has to recall the Nixon vs Kennedy debates to know that has happened in the past.

In this debate Trump has outrageously step-danced all over Biden. It really was brutal to watch. I actually feel pity for what happened to Biden.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

In this debate Trump has outrageously step-danced all over Biden. It really was brutal to watch. I actually feel pity for what happened to Biden.

You Trump supporters can never see reality, only what you want to see.  Trump was doing his usual, lying his as* off and making up stuff, and endlessly interrupting.  It won't matter and it won't change any minds.  Trump is toast. 

• Like 2

Biden was way ahead before this debate.

Biden will continue to be way ahead after this debate. 

Whoever you say won or lost this debate, there is no way that 45 peeled voters away from Biden and at this point real undecided voters are almost nonexistent. 

In other words 45 needed to hit a grand slam to get back into this race. Not even close.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 2

I am a Trump supporter, and I am not happy with the moderator more then anything else. Wallace has a real knack for asking questions with an implication embedded inside the question which is not true, therefore he put Donald Trump in the position with having to argue the merits of the question itself, before answering the question. This in itself is a dirty trick.

As for Donald Trumps performance, I am never happy with the lack of precision in his language, but think he did OK. I think he should have gone after Biden a lot more on the entire Russia gate conspiracy spitting out the most current information. I was pleased he put out information on Hunter Biden as this can now go to the fact checkers.

I think Biden did well in the debate, better then expected. I do not think there is a single undecided voter in the United States despite claims to the contrary. I mean seriously? An undecided voter? There may be some who decide to stay home and not vote based on a lack of enthusiasm for Biden.

Getting out the vote. That is what matters here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

I am a Trump supporter, and I am not happy with the moderator more then anything else. Wallace has a real knack for asking questions with an implication embedded inside the question which is not true, therefore he put Donald Trump in the position with having to argue the merits of the question itself, before answering the question. This in itself is a dirty trick.

As for Donald Trumps performance, I am never happy with the lack of precision in his language, but think he did OK. I think he should have gone after Biden a lot more on the entire Russia gate conspiracy spitting out the most current information. I was pleased he put out information on Hunter Biden as this can now go to the fact checkers.

I think Biden did well in the debate, better then expected. I do not think there is a single undecided voter in the United States despite claims to the contrary. I mean seriously? An undecided voter? There may be some who decide to stay home and not vote based on a lack of enthusiasm for Biden.

An honest assessment of the debate. I don't agree with your first paragraph, I think some questions got Trump into trouble simply because his stance if indefensible.

But thanks for your honest assessment.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Based on the number of lies told by trump since he started defiling the office of the president I do have an idea of who's telling the truth. Hint; it's not trump.

I have no idea, nor do you, what taxes he paid but it's not a requirement by law to declare that (maybe it should be) but it's a deflection for sure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

What a chit show they need to put an off switch on trumps mike so he can’t interrupt that would have helped imo trump got spanked what an low class ugly man trump is not a shred of dignity or decorum an utterly disgraceful performance by trump 

I see it as a draw. Biden stuttered and brought up his dead son again to gain political advantage - i hate that. He's done it in recent ads too. Leave such p[personal tragedies out of politics.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

I preface the following remarks with stating, I am not a citizen of the United States.

I also preface the below remarks by saying, they apply wherever, not just and uniquely to the United States and it's upcoming election for the Presidency.

I detest those who harp on about 'fair share'. I detest those who call it 'gaming the system'. Presumably, the tax authorities were satisfied that the correct tax was paid at the time. 

Granted that perhaps the system needs review and possibly changing, but it is the system, not the person. 

Get a life.

There are a few issues in addition to paying your fair share.

To address your point when you lodge a tax return it is self assessment i.e. not checked at the time but possibly audited later. He is now being audited. So no one was satisfied as such at the time he lodged.  

There is in fact the likelihood that he has not declared income and deductions appropriately and could have a huge tax bill. 

There is the separate fact that a big part of the reason he paid no tax was because he is not a successful businessman.

There is the fact that he is loaded with debt and that has huge national security and other implications.

So it is not just the issue of paying your fair share.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

A Fox news presenter giving Trump a disadvantage in the debate? You must get really desperate now.

Wait for the other 3 debates, but I hope in the following debates they shut off Trump's microphone whenever it is not his time to talk.

Trump's behaviour during the debate was simply disgusting, but I'm sure everyone expected that

You really do have a rather simplistic view of Fox News.  I am not desperate at all. Chris Wallace is not known to be a Trump supporter. On the board of Fox news is Paul Ryan former speaker of the House, a Republican, but likewise not a Trump supporter. And I can go on about the differing types of views within the GOP, or branches of conservative thought, that drive US policy, but I won't. November 3rd Approaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Trump is utterly destroying Biden in the debate. It's almost pitiful to watch. 

You must have be seeing a different TV stream to me then. All I saw was two grumpy old men slagging each other off more suitable to a retirement home park bench. The country is a laughing stock to the outside world, seeing how they choose a new leader based on this.

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

I know its hard to imagine someone not having made a decision either way on Trump after 4 years. I suppose there are many people who just live there lives working tough jobs and aren't into politics like the likes of us.