Unwelcome monkey business in Wat Phnom

geovalin

Residents at Wat Phnom have raised concerns over serious problems with a troop of macaque monkeys leaving a trial of devastation in the area. Local citizen, 40-year-old Chhun Chany, said that  dozens of monkeys are posing a constant threat to local businesses and residents, with the monkeys responsible for property damage, electric cuts, fires and theft in Srah Chak commune.

“Many of my belongings, including clothes, phones, food and my children’s study materials have been taken by them. They have no boundaries and are entering people’s houses when they are not home, removing items and damaging property,” she said. “I am worried that when my family goes on holiday, they will know our home is empty and find a way to get inside. Also, if no one keeps a look out, the monkeys mess with electric wires, potentially causing fires,” she added.

9670.jpg Srah Chak commune chief Chhay Thirith said that the issue has been ongoing for a number of years without a solution found. KT/Siv Channa

Another local resident, Taing Phala, also said that the monkeys attacked and injured her mother while she was carrying fruit. “My mother got a serious scratch on the back of her hand as she carried fruit while heading to visit my house for the first time in the city,” she said.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50767467/unwelcome-monkey-business-in-wat-phnom/

9 hours ago, geovalin said:

Residents at Wat Phnom have raised concerns over serious problems with a troop of macaque monkeys leaving a trial of devastation in the area.

Not a Problem ,they know what to do to Stop that .Exterminate . works 100 %.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Monkey lives matter!  Rioting, looting, burning businesses and homes is just considered legitimate protests in today's world...

yeah because people like you consider it is just legitimate to shoot on people and kill them because you despise the color of their skin

• Like 1
  • Sad 1