STV: Chinese will be first foreign tourists allowed in, then Scandinavians

webfact

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

I do not understand the logistics of this. 150 Chinese will arrive in Phuket on a charter flight to stay for at least 30 days. Are they all going to stay for the same duration? Will there be a charter flight to return them to China after X amount of days?

typical length of stay for Chinese is 3-5 days max.... how they will manage to stay 30 days 14 of which are to be in quarantine, something smells fishy, Chinese will never accept something like that, never, not in their mentality

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The third flight mentioned by the media will be on November 1st from what they termed "prathet Scandinavia" or "the country of Scandinavia".

are they aware Scandinavia consist of 5 countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland) each one reporting completely different infections

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/nordic-countries-have-radically-different-coronavirus-strategies—lets-compare-140982

The Nordic Countries Have Radically Different Coronavirus Strategies—Let's Compare

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

So will the Chinese tourists have to get a pre-flight check and certificate?

What are the conditions for their stay in quarantine after arriving?

Yes they will, just like everyone else, including the Thais.

They will need a second quarantine returning, depending on the Chinese rules at the time.

15 minutes ago, pegman said:

There are 1.4b Chinese nationals. You think they all have the same circumstances? 

pretty much so, know it by experience living there for 12 + years.... but you don't have to agree with my opinion

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Yes they will, just like everyone else, including the Thais.

They will need a second quarantine returning, depending on the Chinese rules at the time.

Soooo, a potential 4 weeks of quarantine to have a holiday in LOS- I think not. Either quarantine rules change or forgetaboutit, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

1.5 billion people...300M+ middle class or higher (almost equal to the population of the U.S. or Europe); don't you think there are plenty of Chinese "digital nomads" and single "tourists" who like to hangout long-term in Thailand like so many Westerners? 

Chinese long term stay in Thailand, you made me laugh, thks 555...  yes, sure, when they run their on line scams

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

So every one these Chinese Tourists will have the following done before they depart?

1.  Covid 19 PCR Test 72 hours before departure

2. Covid 19 Health Insurance with a minimum coverage of $100,000

3. They have already booked and paid for their Quarantine Hotel

4. They have already booked and paid for their hotel/accommodations for the balance fo the remaining 90 days???

If the answer to all 4 are Yes then I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn at a low price.  

sorry to disappoint you man, these requirements are only towards westerners, Chinese are exempt from all of them, they are only required to stay 3-5 days (sarcasm intended)

• Sad 1