STV: Chinese will be first foreign tourists allowed in, then Scandinavians

webfact

Must admit that I am torn in two about this. On the one hand it would be great to get back to my family in the future as soon as possible - BUT, I also want the new flood of Chinese to bring the virus to Thailand back with them en-masse and totally destroy what is left on the Thai tourism showing that they just cannot be trusted as a nation in any way regarding their disease that they seemingly take no responsibility for and that the Thai government need to stop pandering to a nation bent on the destruction of other countries

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

Best of luck with the Happy Dayz Are Here Again Hi-So Incarceration Tour Plan.

In the meantime I know a half a dozen guys who are older successful business owners/entrepreneurs in the US who have been coming here on month long vacations for years. They are in the income group that this Thai tourist scheme is targeting - i.e., "well heeled".  My friends laughed after hearing about this new Thai scheme. They obviously will not be coming this high season.  Instead it looks as though Mexico will be getting the money they bring with them during their month long vacation. 
Goodbye Thailand, hello Cabo

Hello drug cartel violence and high Covid prevelance. 

• Like 1

There are 300+ rooms available in Chonburi, Phuket and Buriram. 

Buri Ram as a World Class Destination with a "Special Flair" ( prostitutes that don't exist there) will be the hit.

Perhaps not. Who knows? There are elephants, four and two legged buffaloes and plenty of Somtham.

They've gotta be out of their minds. The Chinese brought the virus abroad, because it originated in Wuhan and they still let Chinese people in when it was clear that a lot of danger came from China.

And now they do the same mistake again? God forgive them, they don't know what they do. Amen and Hallelujah. 

Edited by teacherclaire

I hope that they will post loads of pictures of all the Chinese arriving somehow I think that a photo shoot will be totally doctored to give the impression that all this is truly happening . I was speaking to my neighbour before he and his wife are both Chinese she is stuck in China unable to return to Thailand when I showed him this post he became hilarious with laughter I’m sure I can still hear him ????????????

Edited by crazykopite

13 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I hope that they will post loads of pictures of all the Chinese arriving somehow I think that a photo shoot will be totally doctored to give the impression that all this is truly happening . I was speaking to my neighbour before he and his wife are both Chinese she is stuck in China unable to return to Thailand when I showed him this post he became hilarious with laughter I’m sure I can still hear him ????????????

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184981-thailand to-slowly-restart-tourism-with-flight-from-china/

4 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Of course the fallacious pandering to the Chinese comes first...

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And so Thailand is the first to reward China and totally overlook that they created the virus that wreaked havoc on the world whether intentionally or unintentionally released. I wonder whose pockets are going to bulge from this?

And you expect Thailand to open up to Americans first with the uncontrolled raging virus still spreading wildly there making it the world's number one infected country?

The borders will be closed to these top five countries for a long time

USA

India

Brazil

Russia

Colombia

Edited by warcy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, userabcd said:

Why not.

They seem to have the virus under control and they do make up approx 18% of the world population and are perhaps by tourist numbers spending and investing the most in Thailand travel/tourist/property industry.

Unfortunately, in the US, UK and many countries in Europe, the virus is out of control as the inhabitants of those nations feel their freedom of whatever is important.

So you believe the Chinese?

• Like 2

Well let’s tell the truth here. ....

!. These Chinese are not coming on holiday. Due to food shortages in China they are coming to eat.

2. As they have banking issues the will be bringing lots of cash. Long lines at the banks cause no cash exchanges open.

3. They will only be hotel free for 14 days .... before their charter flight returns to China ... so at least only require 4 buses for them. But are these the tour bus types. 
4. What is going to open for a slice of 120 -150 people? If they are off to pay for their condos they may be shooting straight off to Bangkok. 
5. Should be some great BS coming from TAT in November on stats, facts and figures. 

I wonder if this has hit Weibo .... and what all those flooded, starving and unemployed Chinese feel about these tourists.....

only time will tell. 

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

So will the Chinese tourists have to get a pre-flight check and certificate?

What are the conditions for their stay in quarantine after arriving?

No.It will be considered interstate travel.The people of Thailand originally came from China or so I'm lead to believe.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned and apologies if it has but I would be really interested to see who owns the ASQ hotels that are being used

It would appear they are the only people making money out of this, certainly isn't the rest of the population at large...

4 hours ago, userabcd said:

Why not.

They seem to have the virus under control and they do make up approx 18% of the world population and are perhaps by tourist numbers spending and investing the most in Thailand travel/tourist/property industry.

Unfortunately, in the US, UK and many countries in Europe, the virus is out of control as the inhabitants of those nations feel their freedom of whatever is important.

Because everything about China's ruling party is a lie..

..including reporting about covid 19.

If not try listening to Dr Li Men Yang

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1

What a bunch of clowns!!! 120 from Scandinavia. Will be either some A320/ B 737 with one stop or a bigger plane with outrageous ticket prices. 

I expected the 2nd option from the beginning, so should be around 3x the price of a normal economy ticket (don’t forget to include the empty leg)

In regard to the Chinese. My Chinese friends confirmed me that it’s IMPOSSIBLE right now to leave China, unless you are married to a foreign natioonal. So those 2 first flights will be filled with privileged people or it’s just a special agreement between China & Thailand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaichina said:

I don t understand why so many people here are so much anti chinese. Most if the one I know are well educated and never bother anyone here.

just a meme, china like trump & climate change, anything goes,

its their fault whatever is at fault or imagined at fault

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I've been treated very well during the entire pandemic (and the 20 years preceeding it) thank you. In particular during this Covid-19 period, there's no other place I want to be.

Exactly, Thailand is in the top 5 best places in the world to be right now. They have handled this whole thing exceptionally well.  

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

I'm from Denmark (part of Scandinavia), and right now we have the highest number of infections ever. More than 50 pr 100.000 citizen.

Norway also just had a spike in their numbers - so seems the people making the rules in Thailand just rolled the dice after picking their favorite China.

The first time they mentioned tourists from Scandinavia, they mentioned Sweden and Norway - but NOT Denmark. Hopefully, we will get better numbers in Denmark soon so we are allowed in the Scandinavian batch in November.

38 minutes ago, warcy said:

And you expect Thailand to open up to Americans first with the uncontrolled raging virus still spreading wildly there making it the world's number one infected country?

The borders will be closed to these top five countries for a long time

USA

India

Brazil

Russia

Colombia

How did you jump to your silly conclusion? The poster didn’t say to let in people from any of the five countries you just listed. Now tell me how an American or Colombian who tested negative for covid 72 hours or less before their flight and stay in a ASQ hotel 14 days and were fit to fly have more of a chance of having covid then the guy from China or Sweden after doing this????

• Confused 1

The Chinese have been coming to Thailand for hundreds if not thousands of years,they were coming here before it was Thailand,they have had a very long and close relationship and obviously still do so of course China will get special dispensation.No surprise really.Belt and road and all that money has to get something.

Are these people capable of basic math?

400 people total coming into Thailand, all with the potential to spread virus. Against 12 million Chinese alone, who were in Thailand last year.

The only Scandinavians getting on that plane will be ones with deep ties here. They won't be getting tourists.

How does this help the Thai economy? Even if they spend 1 million baht each, it's a drop in the bucket.

As a symbolic gesture, it's pretty pathetic.