STV: Chinese will be first foreign tourists allowed in, then Scandinavians

webfact

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what can I say, besides that I am loved, sorry better say I am adored... all of them know that I always speak my mind and the truth, they hoped they could do the same but they had a different upbringing and speaking the truth or their mind, unfortunately,  was not allowed, they respect me as I respect them.... since you lived there, I am quite sure you must know some who don't agree with the way some of them behave, unfortunately they can't say it loud

When you say "some dont agree with the way some of them behave", you are correct, no one agree me including. When you say they are all scammers  and they all spit everywhere and fight for the buffet, that s BS, when you say typical lenghth of stay for chinese is 3-5 days, you must get the number out of you bottom. You put them all in the same basket, which is not correct, you should know better as you say you also lived there. This is my point, China is a big country and people are very different depending on where they are from and where they live. And I m not defending them at all, but the China bashing here is embarassing.

32 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

''Tourists will be housed at one of five hotels that have been approved as part of the Alternative Local State Quarantine plan.''

So what is the ''Alternative Local State Quarantine plan''?

Hazard a guess by the title!

They are really morrons in geographics. The COUNTRY of Scandinavia!!! This remember me the geographic knowledge of my GF, she associated an European with an English. Boris Johnson wont be happy with this one. But seriously, what do they learn in school or better what aretey teached?

5 minutes ago, thaichina said:

When you say "some dont agree with the way some of them behave", you are correct, no one agree me including. When you say they are all scammers  and they all spit everywhere and fight for the buffet, that s BS, when you say typical lenghth of stay for chinese is 3-5 days, you must get the number out of you bottom. You put them all in the same basket, which is not correct, you should know better as you say you also lived there. This is my point, China is a big country and people are very different depending on where they are from and where they live. And I m not defending them at all, but the China bashing here is embarassing.

2-3 years ago did rentals mostly Chinese, they never stay longer than 2 nights at any place they rented, thus not staying any longer than 5-6 days, that's a fact that you may not know but the majority of people here do know. They come in charter flights 5-6 day all included, the ones staying at my place were individual travelers, booked via airbnb or booking, some only stayed 1 night as they had to visit 2-3 places/cities, could show you photos of what they did to my place but that would not make you change your mind, maybe my comment  lead to misunderstandings but had no intention of putting of them in the same basket, still have some good friends there, my apologies if you thought I was generalizing.... as for bashing  555 welcome to TV,  whereby people will tell you their opinion, you have 2 choices either accept it and go along or ignore and move to the next topic....being French you should know about free of speech, free opinion and agree to disagree liberte, egalite, fraternite

4 hours ago, thaichina said:

Ok, who are they and what s the problem?

to ask that question you must be new here, do you think people would say something just for the sake of saying it, nope, they know what the majority of them are about, they were here before the virus, they came in full packed bus and .... oh I already told you what the majority of them did, now a question, while in China did you ever went out to a restaurant /massage/coffee shop, bet you did, and while there none ever spit on your shoes, clean his throat and spit if out on the floor just in front of you, come on be honest,  tell us

7 hours ago, Chivas said:

Pure Gold. Perhaps someone ought to inform these Thai chiefs that the average stay of a Chinese national is 5 days less than the 2 week quarantine.

These Special Tourist Visas are not short stay Visas. That's the whole point. They are supposed to stay at least 30 days up to 90 days which can be extended twice. A good question is why did they come up with Buriram as a location for ASQ-hotels? It's at least 8 hours from Pattaya by bus.  

The Thai govt needs to be careful who they get into bed with, but saying that; the current administration will be long gone, and their bank accounts overflowing, by the time the fallout from the chinese invasion happens. They'd be smart to check into what's happening in Cambodia and several African countries, maybe also ask the Malaysian prime minister how he feels about it.

40 minutes ago, Sean60 said:

Why don't you stop this BS Chinese created this virus!!! This is the idiot trump talk which has brought USA to its knees. This is a Virus called Covid-19. It is Pandemic. World wide and we need to that it accordingly.

It's not exactly BS. While there's no evidence it was created in a Wuhan laboratory, as the conspiracy theorists maintain, there is evidence the Chinese addiction to conspicuous consumption of exotic meats caused the transfer of a dormant virus across one or two species into humans. China has form in this respect, SARS in 2003 came from there too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

These Special Tourist Visas are not short stay Visas. That's the whole point. They are supposed to stay at least 30 days up to 90 days which can be extended twice. A good question is why did they come up with Buriram as a location for ASQ-hotels? It's at least 8 hours from Pattaya by bus.  

Will take 8 hours for COVID19 to reach Pattaya..... give all those in Pattaya a chance to stock up at the 7/11

I would have loved to have a bet on that I would be very rich now, like I have said many times the PM and his mate want to make Thailand a province of China, they think they will be made chiefs' of Thailand, man they are in for a disappointment, they could get hung for treason

As far as I understand I need the fit to fly certificate and the PCR test both for departure and for the consulate for the COE/visa pick-up.

So assuming my flight was Wednesday, my journey would start on Monday doing the PCR test, going to a doctor for a fit-to-fly certificate, hoping to get the result on Tuesday morning, driving far away to the consulate, hoping they accept my documents.

Never had so much stress before a long-haul flight. I wait until December hoping they can do it better. PCR test and quarantine are fine for me - I do not like it but I am prepared to do it. But all that logistical effort and risk that I do not get documents in-time is just too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

money can't buy "class"/ etiquette....

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-tell-a-person-they-have-no-class

What does it mean to tell a person they have "no class"?

nothing about class or etiquette, your comment to which i was responding to was that all chinese are pretty much in the same circumstances, that they apparently could not afford more than 3-5 days vacation.

plenty of chinesers with time and money will come to thailand if the opportunity arises.  a few may poo on the subway and make facebook.  the majority will behave themselves and be ignored.

at this point thailand needs an infusion of tourist cash, and can't be too choosy.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling meme removed.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

a few Chinese sneak into Vietnam Danang, and they have to quarantine the whole city for almost a month, and you're talking about Chinese tourist into Thailand, this gonna hurt, well atleast more amnesty incoming till end of the year if virus exploded.

Unbelievable!!! And where does the brain trust in Bangkok think that the CCP Wuhan Coronavirus came from? Incase they are geographically challenged, let me help them....WUHAN Is IN CHINA! Where do the brilliant Thai decision makers think that the Asian Flu, the Hong Kong Flu, Avian Flu, Swine Flu and SARS came from? Duh! CHINA. Anyone who has been here for very long knows that Chinese and Thai / Chinese money controls Thailand. The fat cat money mongers who have huge vested interests in massive tourism could care less about anything other than lining their pockets. They do not care if more disease comes, if the infrastructure is over stressed, if the environment is degraded....they only care about money. They are bought and paid for by Chinese interest. The world is turning on the CCP and Thailand wants to welcome them back with open arms? This will not turn out well for Thailand and the Thai people. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

"

The first will be a specially chartered Air Asia flight to Phuket carrying 150 tourists.

Then on October 25th 126 people will be allowed on a Thai Smile flight to Suvarnabhumi. "

of course - Air Asia and Thai Smile are well-known for catering to high-end, high-spending quality tourists.

I don't know what anyone expected with the way the STV program is crafted.  These won't be tourists. 

These will be the first wave coming to make deals under the "new normal".  They'll be buying up condos, renting up vacant hotels and destitute restaurants and greasing the skids to capitalize on future Chinese tourism.

7 hours ago, madmen said:

Most 0f the punters will be expats eg retirees, condo owners and family men who have been waiting for 6 months to hear 1,2,3 go

Unfortunately USA and UK won't be on the list for years IMO 

Does this mean Chinese People only or will include British expats working in China and have valid long term visa's, example Non-O visa's (Retiree's, Family etc) ?

7 hours ago, userabcd said:

Why not.

They seem to have the virus under control and they do make up approx 18% of the world population and are perhaps by tourist numbers spending and investing the most in Thailand travel/tourist/property industry.

Unfortunately, in the US, UK and many countries in Europe, the virus is out of control as the inhabitants of those nations feel their freedom of whatever is important.

No its the governments that are out of control - of the 50,000 odd deaths only 4 died who were under the age of 21 and 307 between 22 and 65 who died without underlying health conditions!! - the average age of folk dying is 81 - (Governments own figures) Its also been admitted the recording of these figures included folk who once tested positive then died of non C19 related deaths - You couldn't make this rubbish up - So all this for a very small percentage of the population who could be better served and protected by a near fully working economy. The average flu has similar results to this if not higher - And now its estimated that in the UK up to 80,000 folk have already died due to not getting proper medical attention due to restrictions and our great NHS not treating them (don't forget to clap tho) I do regard freedom as the cornerstone of our western democracies, and consider that more important than protecting most folk from a runny nose.  This forum is full of posts about how this government have restricted folks freedoms and liberties - but it now seems that they are very happy to be implicit in doing further harm.

• Like 2