BANGKOK
trevoromgh

Lazada network traffic problem

I've used Lazada for years but recently they seem to have instigated some additional checks which I am coming a cropper on.  I can login OK but when I try to do something like a search or filter on prices it has a pop-up which says it's detected 'unusual network traffic' (whatever that means) and asks me to swipe the bar across.  I used to get it occasionally and when I swiped it would say 'Verified' and I'd carry on but now it always fails to verify with a message 'Network error (00)'  retry.    It's driving me crazy !  Just wondered if any other users have had a similar problem recently?

I've reported it to Lazada but I won't hold my breath for an early solution.

• Thanks 1

Not only you mate, been getting the same problem myself.

It only means that whatever 'network' provider you are using, has a bunch of idiot spammers coming in on the same network address as you. Lazada's host servers are only trying to protect themselves from these potential hazards. Not a problem caused by Lazada but by the network you are coming in from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has become absolute hell using Lazada for at least the past month - you also lose any search term you entered and go back to previous page even if you are successful and does not seem to matter which network I am using.  Believe may have to keep mouse pointer within the box for full pull as often seem to get that unsuccessful if do fast.  The only positive is a lot less frustrating than those match contents of tiny windows which with my eyesight normally takes 4-8 pages to confirm.  

Indeed using less Lazada these days

• Like 1

Yes I get the same problem, had me wondering if I had been hacked,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tonray said:

It only means that whatever 'network' provider you are using, has a bunch of idiot spammers coming in on the same network address as you. Lazada's host servers are only trying to protect themselves from these potential hazards. Not a problem caused by Lazada but by the network you are coming in from.

Maybe so, but it's enough my first online point of call as Shopee these days which is smooth sailing ... using Lazada is annoying with the network traffic warnings each logon..

Also many items are wrongly labeled where the images don't corresponds to the descriptions of the items for sale, too many of them to put it down as a mere glitch in the system, it seems that they got drunk on their success and are now letting things go to the dogs, as usual in this country...

1 minute ago, tonray said:

You may believe that spiel - but it happens with any IP I use and have used from all over the world as well as direct from my Thai IP.  And have just done with 3 different country IP's in the last 10 minutes to confirm still the same idiot system.  They are using it as a machine spam block but unlike others who do it upfront on initial contact want until second request when you are likely going to a new page or search making it unwelcome and accusing customers of maybe being bots.  

Just now, Oldie said:

This often happens if you use a VPN. Many other users will have the same ip then. 

I do not use a VPN, but have the same problem as others, can you explain that?

As pointed out it is the method they use (after having contact and using web site) and that it sets you back a step even if successful and accrues customers of being bots if they can not prove otherwise.  As most IP address in Thailand are not fixed almost all will be using address that other have used VPN or no VPN.

Glad to hear it isn't just me but as mentioned they should be able to sort out a better way of verifying people regardless of the connection they are using or they'll be losing money hand over fist, there again we are talking about the Thai offshoot who probably would care less.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I do not use a VPN, but have the same problem as others, can you explain that?

Perhaps a problem at their server.

I can't use the web version of Lazada. I can't check out and this with the Chrome browser on my tablet. I always have to use the app for this. 

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You may believe that spiel - but it happens with any IP I use and have used from all over the world as well as direct from my Thai IP.  And have just done with 3 different country IP's in the last 10 minutes to confirm still the same idiot system.  They are using it as a machine spam block but unlike others who do it upfront on initial contact want until second request when you are likely going to a new page or search making it unwelcome and accusing customers of maybe being bots.  

Funny thing is I usze Lazada...and have not seen the problem...hmm........ Must be magic

• Like 1