Lazada network traffic problem

On 9/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, Crossy said:

Yup ^^^. It's a right royal pain but if you want to buy from Lazada jump their hoops 😞

aliExpress always asks for the validation too, but just once at log on.

Banggood doesn't seem to bother.

I use Shopee now, was a Lazada user but since they have this nonsense, made wallet only Thai and made online payments even harder (cannot do from PC - must use online phone banking app??) that's it - last resort only from now on for me. Shopee always seems to deliver a day or two faster as well and their prices match or better whats on Lazada.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This often happens if you use a VPN. Many other users will have the same ip then. 

A lot of Thai ISPs use NAT where many users share the same IP. Similar to what a VPN does.   But that's not the real issue. Lazada has some real technical issues and if your browser like Fir

It has everything to do with Lazada - it is sent to you ater you enter their web site.  Sure they may be paying themselves or someone else to bug us but they are the responsible party.   As

52 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I use Shopee now, was a Lazada user but since they have this nonsense, made wallet only Thai and made online payments even harder (cannot do from PC - must use online phone banking app??) that's it - last resort only from now on for me. Shopee always seems to deliver a day or two faster as well and their prices match or better whats on Lazada.

Don't like Shopee as it only translates 20% of webpage to English (even using Chrome) and there appears to be no way of stating preferred language anywhere which is a bit daft.  Has annoying pop-up adverts all the time too.  No chat support either or maybe I'm missing something?

6 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Don't like Shopee as it only translates 20% of webpage to English (even using Chrome) and there appears to be no way of stating preferred language anywhere which is a bit daft.  Has annoying pop-up adverts all the time too.  No chat support either or maybe I'm missing something?

You seem to be missing everything - are you using a phone?  On computer get excellent translation of all but images and translation holds for session - Lazada needs to translate each new page now it seems.  There is no language setting for Shopee but for most of us it is not needed if using Google translate.  I only get a pop-up on initial page.  Have never used but there is chat directly to all merchants with good feedback of merchant reliability and how long they have been a member (very important information) as well as much better rating feedback and real time shipping information.  That they still offer direct bank payment it a big factor for me.  As said often prices are cheaper (even from same merchant using both platforms) but always good to check both systems as watch for some high shipping costs which may nullify a low price.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to look for something on Lazada, stupid "captcha" triggered on first search. Won't verify saying "Ooops... something's wrong". Tried to login. After clicking the login button a loading animation appears and disappears after a brief moment but still on the login page as if nothing happened. No error shown. Manually navigated away and saw I am logged in. Tried the search and ran into the same "captcha" which fails permanently. Can't even search for anything anymore. I can click around the page, see my account etc but can't use the search. Unbelievably incompetent folks there.

38 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I just tried to look for something on Lazada, stupid "captcha" triggered on first search. Won't verify saying "Ooops... something's wrong". Tried to login. After clicking the login button a loading animation appears and disappears after a brief moment but still on the login page as if nothing happened. No error shown. Manually navigated away and saw I am logged in. Tried the search and ran into the same "captcha" which fails permanently. Can't even search for anything anymore. I can click around the page, see my account etc but can't use the search. Unbelievably incompetent folks there.

I'd recommend you chat to their support team here and explain the problems you are having and that it won't go away.  When I did they were able to fix it for me but never came back to explain what exactly they'd done but it seems the only way out of the mess right now.

22 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

I'd recommend you chat to their support team here and explain the problems you are having and that it won't go away.  When I did they were able to fix it for me but never came back to explain what exactly they'd done but it seems the only way out of the mess right now.

I've talked to them before. They said it's a known issue and that there is no known solution.

I just tried to chat with them again. First they asked me to perform the usual "logout and login again", "clear cache and cookies", "check your internet connection" which of course doesn't help. Here the reply after I said I just tried that again:

I understand. Upon further confirmation from our internal team, we would like to inform you that as of the moment there are no ongoing issues on our website. In this case, we would highly suggest you please try to do the basic troubleshooting steps once again.

Thanks for telling me that there are no issues on the site even though I've given them a screenshot of the error on their site. Anyways, now they said they left a note for the relevant team. Doubt it will be fixed this time around.

43 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I've just this minite used Lazada .No problems.

It seems to depend on your browser, ISP etc so not all people are equally affected. It's their bot detection being overly sensitive and not having proper exceptions for people who are logged in plus the captcha logic being broken. For example I can see tons of tracking attempts being blocked in my browser which surely doesn't help.

This captcha and "network error" comes because of browser's tracking protections, more specifically - a mouse cursor movement. Lazada tracks users thru their mouse movements, and if your browser blocks "mousemove", "click", "focus" events - Lazada shoots a captcha.

One solution for this is to create a new browser profile (e.g. run "firefox --ProfileManager" from the command line or google how to do it for your browser), go to settings and disable any privacy enhancements and tracking protections, and use that profile for Lazada only. Do not install any privacy addons etc, and do not open other websites in that profile else you will be hacked by the ad networks.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, fdsa said:

One solution for this is to create a new browser profile (e.g. run "firefox --ProfileManager" from the command line or google how to do it for your browser), go to settings and disable any privacy enhancements and tracking protections, and use that profile for Lazada only. Do not install any privacy addons etc, and do not open other websites in that profile else you will be hacked by the ad networks.

I use several profiles for several bull<deleted> websites - a separate profile for google (youtube), another profile for facebook, another for web skype when Microsoft breaks a local client again, and so on. This way cookies/cache never mix so these <deleted> websites could not match my various profiles together and can't collect their <deleted>ing Big Data about me.

I advise everyone to do the same. Also you could use different extensions, proxies, useragents, and settings in these different profiles to add extra variability.

Edited by fdsa

Interesting post FDSA and if my problem occurs again I shall try that but Firefox itself is becoming a pain as well because it seems to up date now on a daily basis and when it does my system grinds to a halt.  So on top of this Lazada issue my patience with all things IT is wearing thin.

1 minute ago, trevoromgh said:

Firefox itself is becoming a pain as well because it seems to up date now on a daily basis and when it does my system grinds to a halt.

Try Firefox ESR.

or Pale Moon 😉

14 minutes ago, fdsa said:

This captcha and "network error" comes because of browser's tracking protections, more specifically - a mouse cursor movement. Lazada tracks users thru their mouse movements, and if your browser blocks "mousemove", "click", "focus" events - Lazada shoots a captcha.

Yea I'm pretty sure that it's the anti tracking stuff that is triggering the issue because Lazada is filled with all kinds of invasive trackers which in the EU would be now illegal. I'm confident that your solution with a new browser profile with anti tracking functionality disabled would solve the issue but personally I am not a friend of jumping through hoops to make something like Lazada work. I'm going to try to use Shopee more because that seems to work just fine plus I noticed they even have better inventory for what I was looking for.

15 hours ago, fdsa said:

Try Firefox ESR.

or Pale Moon 😉

Thanks for the tip I'm using Firefox ESR now as you suggested so will hope it provides more stable performance for me.