Filipino teacher at center of abuse allegations: He was on tourist visa and had no Work Permit

webfact

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

I feel sorry for the english language when a Filipino is teaching it, i was in the PH many times and i wouldn't allow Filipinos to teach my kids pidgin english, Tagalog yes, english No....

You paint with an overly broad brush.  I've known Filipinos who speak (and write) better English than a lot of native English speakers.  Some people in the Philippines grow up bilingual (or trilingual), which is more than can be said for most people from English speaking countries.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iamsano said:

God knows why they always have to change the story. I have the video and I have seen it. The Filipino just happened to be in the class. The person who abused the kid was a Thai teacher and she was even beaten by the kid's dad. She was even in hospital. She abused the kid. Few days later the parents came to school because the kid told them. Now the story is not anymore about the thai teacher who abused..and some people here just believe in anything they see online 

Excellent. Some real dimwits on here. Cannot link stories and realise this guy's being made a fall guy to brush the real issue under the carpet. Should be mandatory the cctv in class. We view it on our phones and our filipino teacher is excellent and not just English but all round attention to detail.

37 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Why are they making this about a Filippo guy when it was a Thai woman who assaulted the kids. 

Yinn? 

You ask why? are they making this about the Filipino guy, when the main perp was a Thai woman.

Answer is clear, Thais will try to blame anybody they can rather than a Thai

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You ask why? are they making this about the Filipino guy, when the main perp was a Thai woman.

Answer is clear, Thais will try to blame anybody they can rather than a Thai

I just wanna hear it from Yinn ????

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

I feel sorry for the english language when a Filipino is teaching it, i was in the PH many times and i wouldn't allow Filipinos to teach my kids pidgin english, Tagalog yes, english No....

In general most Thais don't have decent english language skills at all. And I am not talking solely about the "farm fresh hookers from Isaan in Pattaya". So I am much better off traveling within the Phils. Besides that, immigration and/or other government officials are pathetic liars when it comes to stories in which Thais/Foreigners are involved.

Edited by landmann

On 9/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, JeffersLos said:

Not one native speaker, then. 

Is that supposed to be humorous? I believe that the Irish and South Africans are considered to be native English speakers. They were eligible to get work permits as English teachers in South Korea, whereas Filipinos were not. Their native language is Tagalog, not English. I'm quite certain that Australians are native English speakers, albeit with a very quirky and sometimes incomprehensible accent. Naturally enough, they also qualified for work permits in South Korea. They were very good people, and I enjoyed having them as my colleagues. 

On 9/29/2020 at 8:43 PM, asiacurious said:

You paint with an overly broad brush.  I've known Filipinos who speak (and write) better English than a lot of native English speakers.  Some people in the Philippines grow up bilingual (or trilingual), which is more than can be said for most people from English speaking countries.

Indeed.  There are some fabulous Filipino teachers and classroom assistants at my son's international school.  There are also plenty of awful native speaker teachers working in Thailand!