Thai man pulls gun on convenience store staffer over mask wearing - police give him SEVEN days to come in

webfact

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly that... a lunatic on the loose and why??? Laziness. 

IF this guy does anything else, the police are wholly complicit in his actions. Unfortunately Thailand is not a proactive society, thus, no one can be blamed for ‘not doing something’ thus, if this guy does hurt someone (or worse) the police will not take any responsibility.

This is how and why the police force are so ineffective in Thailand, there is no accountability.

Yep, it´s disgusting. They have a perfect picture of the guy. It´s just to go get him. I think it´s just more of pure lazyness than accountability hey just don´t give a s**t.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Na Noi police have issued a summons giving him seven days to come in and face a charge of having a gun in a public place. They also want to know if it is a legally held weapon.

Safe trusted Thailand

Edited by metisdead
Trolling meme removed.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Excuse my dumb farang thinking, but wouldn't he have been better off waving a gun around WITH a mask, to make it harder for him to be identified? Or is that pushing the boat of expectation of common sense out too far?

You know Thais, act first think later... a lot later.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF this guy does anything else, the police are wholly complicit in his actions. Unfortunately Thailand is not a proactive society, thus, no one can be blamed for ‘not doing something’ thus, if this guy does hurt someone (or worse) the police will not take any responsibility.

This is how and why the police force are so ineffective in Thailand, there is no accountability.

Because punishment reduction. 

If surrender = reduction

If admit = reduction. 

Calm down. He not shoot the gun. Not mass shooter. Not same USA happen today. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because punishment reduction. 

If surrender = reduction

If admit = reduction. 

Calm down. He not shoot the gun. Not mass shooter. Not same USA happen today. 

You have forgotten to provide two to three linked webpages where this has also happened in other countries so its somehow ok that it happened in Thailand. 

The immature and juvenile approach by the police is mirrored by your post, Yinn. 

"He did not shoot the gun. Not mass shooter" - Not yet anyway... What would you have the police wait for? Wait until a guy shoots a 7-11 staff member or an innocent bystander before they make any effort to arrest him????

Yinn, I try hard not to disagree with nearly every post you make - but your comments are just so immature and dumbed down in the manner in which they attempt to ‘excuse’ terrible behaviour in Thailand and attempt to divert attention by pointing out it happens else where, it really is juvenile in a ’school yard’ kind of way. 

I ask you this Yinn. If this guy were to kill someone, would you be angry at the police for not doing more to apprehend him?... OK.. Forget that, its outside of your ‘inner circle of care’....  Rephrase: IF this guy were to kill someone you care about, would you be angry at the Police for not doing more to apprehend him???? 

I wonder if you get it now..... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, greeneking said:

Why is this picture blurred?

Are you saying this might not be a gun or the public should not be told this man is dangerous and is best

avoided?

It would be the same if he was holding a cigarette or a can of beer.  The snowflake public must be protected from such images.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have forgotten to provide two to three linked webpages where this has also happened in other countries so its somehow ok that it happened in Thailand. 

The immature and juvenile approach by the police is mirrored by your post, Yinn. 

"He did not shoot the gun. Not mass shooter" - Not yet anyway... What would you have the police wait for? Wait until a guy shoots a 7-11 staff member or an innocent bystander before they make any effort to arrest him????

Yinn, I try hard not to disagree with nearly every post you make - but your comments are just so immature and dumbed down in the manner in which they attempt to ‘excuse’ terrible behaviour in Thailand and attempt to divert attention by pointing out it happens else where, it really is juvenile in a ’school yard’ kind of way. 

I ask you this Yinn. If this guy were to kill someone, would you be angry at the police for not doing more to apprehend him?... OK.. Forget that, its outside of your ‘inner circle of care’....  Rephrase: IF this guy were to kill someone you care about, would you be angry at the Police for not doing more to apprehend him???? 

I wonder if you get it now..... 

No she will never get it

• Like 2

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Excuse my dumb farang thinking, but wouldn't he have been better off waving a gun around WITH a mask, to make it harder for him to be identified? Or is that pushing the boat of expectation of common sense out too far?

Nope, because that requires critical thinking. lol

200 baht fine. Next!

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps you should remember that plenty of foreigners come from countries which have national laws which don't allow mr. joe public from owning / carrying guns, and they agree with these laws.

I too agree, my country bans it also. My point was not that it is wrong to ban foreigners, moreover, it should be everyone, Thai Nationals included. Sorry, I was not very clear on putting my point across. :smile:

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If he does not come in within 7 days....give him another week to comply ?,

You can imagine the talk in the Police Station. He's got a gun....I am not

going to look for him...me neither, give him a week to come in, when its

all forgotten about.

regards Wor Geordie

I  have a  Policeman friend (paid) and  thats basically  it, local head of  village was  shooting his  gun off sometime ago, they gave him a few  days to calm down before  attempting to visit  him

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

You confused again.

i tell you the thai law system. You not know about reduction sentence for surrender yourself. 

Now you drama queen about hypothetical. 

You like complain. 

Everyone knows that the Thai Legal system allows for reduced penalties for those who volunteer themselves.

But, this should not be used as an excuse for the police to sit back and wait for a ‘gun criminal’ to hand themselves in. 

This has nothing to do with liking to complain - I don’t like dumbed down stupid excuses for behaviour which really is inexcusable.  Again, you’ve used your favourite tactic of deflecting from the issue to point the blame or criticism at something else unrelated. 

In this case you are suggesting I am a drama queen for directing criticism to the lack of police response - I would argue that the apathy shown by the police force is matched by your lack of understanding of consequences. I don’t think you are unintelligent, but accusing someone of being a 'drama queen’ highlights nothing other than a dumbed down ‘key word’... you could have used 'snow-flake', soon you’ll be using 'nanny-state’ and suggest Western response to such issues is over the top.

What is clear is that you have grown up in a reactive rather than a proactive society and lack any concept of consequence.

In this case the inexcusable part is that the Police have announced a 7 day deadline instead of announcing that they are canvassing and using every resource at hand to catch this criminal before he escalates and hurts or kills someone. 

Edited by richard_smith237