Digital Terestrial Tv frequency changes

johng

From the 5th October  until December   the "powers that be"   are going to  re organise the digital tv broadcast frequencies

this will cause in outages  in the provinces from 9 AM till 5PM   and Midnight to 6 AM in the greater Bangkok area.

they are moving digital Tv away from the 700 Mhz region to make space for 5G mobile signals.

Re tuning of equipment will be required in most places.

https://700.nbtc.go.th/

For a nice headache look at technical stuff  ????  https://700.nbtc.go.th/ข้อมูลเทคนิค/

3 hours ago, johng said:

From the 5th October  until December   the "powers that be"   are going to  re organise the digital tv broadcast frequencies

this will cause in outages  in the provinces from 9 AM till 5PM   and Midnight to 6 AM in the greater Bangkok area.

This is a confusing sentence. 

I'm assuming this is saying the individual OTA (Over The Air) 'stations' will go off-air while they reconfigure their transmitters to operate on a new lower transmit frequency, and individual users will need set their OTA TVs to 'rescan' for channels when their desired stations complete the change.

This should not effect CABLE, SATELLITE or INTERNET delivered channel content as the content is usually piped to the providers direct from the originating broadcaster. In the instance that the channel is being picked up OTA then the Cable, Satellite or Internet broadcaster will make the necessary adjustments on their end.

Still, spectrum readjustments are a pain for everyone involved.

4 minutes ago, RichCor said:

This is a confusing sentence. 

I'm assuming this is saying the individual OTA (Over The Air) 'stations' will go off-air

Sorry for any confusion. ( its not confusing to me ???? )

from what I can gather  there  will be a rolling switchover across the country starting 5th October

in Bangkok,  I assume that whole MUX's will go down  could be many channels at a time

1951848530_Mux_Loading_LOGO_220863.jpg.4c3d8a7bc4fc2a2645bb44d63ff490ca.jpg

some transmitter locations will have more than one of the 5  MUX's change its frequency.

we see Bangkok only one MUX changes but for me in Chonburi 3 MUX's change frequency

map-change-mhz.jpg.2d7f3e04960fa46953a5bc97a6eb0330.jpg

A retune will be needed for Tv's with built in digital tuner and stand alone "set top boxes"

Cable operators will retune their own equipment if they source from a terrestrial antenna so end customers should not be effected, Satellite and Internet  totally not effected.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At the  700MHZ website    https://700.nbtc.go.th/พื้นที่/

you can  input your location ( in Thai)    and it will tell you when your local transmitter is changing frequencies and what the new frequencies will be.

so for me  I get signal from Pattaya transmitter and they intend to change over in December

so 3 new frequencies.

1336876008_Pattayanewfrequencies.jpg.b0c63baacf8fe7b60a01f16ec44ed0bd.jpg

Those in Bangkok  will only have one frequency changed  should have already happened on the 5th October ?

929169486_Bangkoknewfrequencies.jpg.6a408b01996802d34f37704b0bc33dec.jpg

• Like 1