Not doing your 90 day report deliberately

I was just wondering if you don't go in and do your 90 report for your marriage extension what is the worst that will happen? I know it's simple and straight forward to do via the app /mail /in person etc but interested to hear of people that just skip it.

Edited by ozzy111
  • Confused 5

If 'caught' it can be more than the standard 2000 baht fine at immigration.

as failure to file your 90-day report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Immigration made it clear that people who took advantage of the amnesty had to file their 90 day report before the 26th of September. I have no idea from what date they may start claiming late reporting fees. I didn't take advantage of the amnesty as I didn't want to be caught in huge queues once the amnesty ended. 

• Like 2

I ensured mine was sent by registered mail & arrived at Immigration on 18 September.

It arrived back today undone with an explanation that this is now unacceptable & I must attend in person as a retirement visa & the "amnesty" are two different things.

Hopefully 2,000 Bht will fix it on renewal otherwase will go & live somewhere else

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I ensured mine was sent by registered mail & arrived at Immigration on 18 September.

It arrived back today undone with an explanation that this is now unacceptable & I must attend in person as a retirement visa & the "amnesty" are two different things.

What immigration office were you doing the report to.

You cannot be fined for being late for doing a report that was not required until after September 26th. T rehe amnesty applied to everybody.

I skipped my report in April and got caught up last month. No questions asked and got a new report date In November.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I am aware anybody can go and do your 90 day report for you, But does it have to be a Thai ? or is it Anybody ?

Normally everyone should be accepted. You also can send it there or do it online. Nobody will check who really does this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Normally everyone should be accepted. You also can send it there or do it online. Nobody will check who really does this. 

Silly rule but you are correct...

Seriously, where is the point to let someone else doing it on your behalf if they really want to check about your presence?!?

Personally, I've never done a 90 day report for the last three years and I've never been fined or been into trouble when renewing my yearly extension.

Edited by lazygourmet

11 hours ago, BugsBun said:

Is the 200 baht per day in addition to the 5,000? Or do the 200 per day start counting since the moment you get "caught" until the moment you settle the original 5,000 fine? 

Edited 11 hours ago by BugsBun

According to the paper attached to my passport yesterday it says fine up to 5,000 an addtional fine not exceeding 200 baht a day.

B08FC9E1-9AE4-4E7C-B2BC-1D76F178A385.jpeg

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:
14 hours ago, BugsBun said:

Is the 200 baht per day in addition to the 5,000? Or do the 200 per day start counting since the moment you get "caught" until the moment you settle the original 5,000 fine? 

Edited 11 hours ago by BugsBun

If you do your late/missed 90-day report voluntarily at an Immigration office you'll get a B2,000 fine.   If you're arrested and have a late/missed report you can be fined up to a maximum of B5,000, plus B200 per day, due from the day of the fine until you pay the fine.