Unthinkable a year ago! Video shows how COVID-19 has turned Walking Street in to a ghost town

webfact

Is it different from many town centres around the world now?

I took a walk down there myself last week and it still isn't easy... you have to worry about cars if in the road, and where there are pavements, they are blocked by the usual selfish motorcycle parking. Foot traffic is back to being low-life in WS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nout said:

Plenty of places are busy. But the street is not full of Chinese and Indian strollers.  But many bars are busy

I've looked at pictures posted by many people on Facebook claiming how busy places like Insomnia are. Enlarge the pictures, all of them have the bars busy with freelancer Thai girls and maybe 3 or 4 Foreigners...no profit there, the freelancers get their drinks at 50/60 Baht instead of the 180/200 if with a foreigner or paid by a Foreigner..and the girls will only buy one drink.

• Like 1

It's not just Walking Street...all of Beach and Second roads are like this. The central Pattaya tourist district is basically dead...you walk around and it looks like a neutron bomb went off...the buildings are still standing but there are no people around. East Pattaya is still a hive of activity, however.

• Like 1