Unthinkable a year ago! Video shows how COVID-19 has turned Walking Street in to a ghost town

webfact

3 hours ago, scammed said:

yeah, its shocking.

on another note, allowing cars on WS is the dumbest thing this city could have ever come up with,

i truly hope the guilty will burn in hell.

why not rename it driving street while you are at it destroying this iconic street

This was a normal street back in the early 90's driving anytime day or night

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scammed said:

yeah, its shocking.

on another note, allowing cars on WS is the dumbest thing this city could have ever come up with,

why not rename it driving street while you are at it destroying this iconic street

+Do not fair, there is a STV flight on the way to Walking Street shortly to buy everything up and turn it into glitzy gold shops, money lending shops and high class Chinese spas and guest houses 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Agreed it is very quiet but I bet my life on it this was taken before 9pm. The main gogo's that are open like Palace and Pin Ups had no hello girls outside and busy places like Ibar and 808 no one milling outside. These video's can tell whatever storey you want depending on the time they are filmed.

True. I've seen several videos taken along WS over the past month or so and although only a shadow if its former self there were plenty of people around and plenty of hello girls. iBar was very busy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

If titled walking street, why do they let cars driven on it?

stopped the madness!

Walking Street used to reopen to cars very late in the morning, maybe 3-4am (? unsure)

So nothing really strange to see the street nearly desert at that time.

I must admit it seems more desert as usual though. ;(

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It's not just Walking Street...all of Beach and Second roads are like this. The central Pattaya tourist district is basically dead...you walk around and it looks like a neutron bomb went off...the buildings are still standing but there are no people around. East Pattaya is still a hive of activity, however.

The good part about current situation is if you Have a car and drive around Pattaya can guarantee no traffic jams to bother you these days,unless off course you run into a flood

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, scammed said:

yeah, its shocking.

Govt implemented on Globalist orders , the truth will out, always people have to suffer , but people will change

Not unthinkable at all !   You only needed a little intelligence, just 3 years back, to realize Walking Street was becoming like elsewhere in Thailand.   How ?   Just count the number of 7/11s and similar that had opened up.   My Thai family could work it out.

7 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Good, just on eye sore less in this country.

Absolutely Correet .

The World's largest brothel , has had its day ..

Hopefully , the stigma of prostitution ,  in the Kingdom ,is finished ...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, elliss said:

Absolutely Correct .

The World's largest brothel , has had its day .. //

Uh?

A comment from someone who probably never visited Walking Street. :whistling:

How could a place be a brothel when there is no "sexual activity" ?

And yes, maybe still a very few short-time rooms on this street, but marginal cases and the huge majority of businesses on Walking Street are places without sex, when not without nudity.

I'm normally in favor of building new roads to ease traffic congestion since most Thai cities are notoriously poorly planned (there are exceptions) and don't have enough road surface, but converting a walking street into a road for cars is just silly.

How did they come up with that idea? Besides, unlike Bangkok, Pattaya actually has plenty of side streets you can use to go around. I remember encountering no difficulties driving around walking street and emerging on the other side without driving through it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Puzzler said:

I walked along that street once. It was a disgusting that denigrated the working men and women and displayed some of the most disgraceful aspects of Thai "acceptance".  I sincerely hope that red-light areas like this are permanently shut down and transformed into more family friendly areas. Not only that, I wish any foreigners who think such places are "good" just return to their own countries and face the music when they get arrested for the sex offences they are probably hiding from... That walking street was disgusting. I hope I never see it again.

Shutting down Walking Street,Pattaya`s biggest tourist attraction ? Dream on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Puzzler said:

I walked along that street once. It was a disgusting that denigrated the working men and women and displayed some of the most disgraceful aspects of Thai "acceptance".  I sincerely hope that red-light areas like this are permanently shut down and transformed into more family friendly areas. Not only that, I wish any foreigners who think such places are "good" just return to their own countries and face the music when they get arrested for the sex offences they are probably hiding from... That walking street was disgusting. I hope I never see it again.

you just need to get drunk to get over that hurdle,

within a couple of months its not going to bother you in the slightest.

you can do it

• Like 2