Visa extensions approved under previous amnesty to be upheld until Nov 30

Has anyone been an actual witness to a signed document from the Government or just all of this hot air from an immigration officer.  Until it is a signed and printed document in the Gazette I will hold my breath and pray that the majority of the folks from the Asean countries are given extensions so they can continue to work here and live here, and for those tourists that pushed the envelope and want a freebie only well shame on you because this is not just about you folks, there is a bigger picture.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Has anyone been an actual witness to a signed document from the Government or just all of this hot air from an immigration officer.  Until it is a signed and printed document in the Gazette I will hold my breath and pray that the majority of the folks from the Asean countries are given extensions so they can continue to work here and live here, and for those tourists that pushed the envelope and want a freebie only well shame on you because this is not just about you folks, there is a bigger picture.

It seems the article translated what he said in this press conference: 

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

and for those tourists that pushed the envelope and want a freebie only well shame on you because this is not just about you folks, there is a bigger picture

Hey Ryan , always is a bigger picture! But not any news tell nothing about that! If bigger picture help "Ken from Denver Colorado" to stay here then its good! But i think Ken don't care and he not feel sorry for that!

Also i think you was tourist in past also! Or you jump first time here for multi what ever visa in year 1910!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hey Ryan , always is a bigger picture! But not any news tell nothing about that! If bigger picture help "Ken from Denver Colorado" to stay here then its good! But i think Ken don't care and he not feel sorry for that!

Also i think you was tourist in past also! Or you jump first time here for multi what ever visa in year 1910!

Tourist many moons ago in my younger days before I came here to work with the old Government in 2008 as an advisor/instructor, but that was then.  Been on Non Imm O ME's before when I was married to a Thai, then an extension of stay based upon that.  Then to a Non Imm O-A ME, but now going back to the extension of stay based upon the issues at hand and not being able to go back and forth twice a year for a visit and to run my company which I had to close and lay off my employee's because of Covid.  Now just enjoying daily life.  However, never would I have ever played the game with a VOA or 30 day stamp and then whined about it not being fair, and expecting Amnesty.  If you have the means to stay you do the right thing, if you do not then you bounce out until you can come back in the right way.  I support my family here and know of the hardships the border countries migrant workers endure.  People just need to do the right thing so that they don't cause issues for those that do it right.  There are to many self centered people in this world unfortunately who always will run the gauntlet.  Wishing everybody that can get legal here the best of luck in doing the right thing.  I have no empathy or sympathy for anyone that thinks it is owed to them because of the pandemic.

2 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

You were lucky. Mine was only till the 21st. Sixty days from the day I went to the office. No wonder people went late but now all wasted.

Were you applying for the 12 month marriage extension or 60 days to 'visit your wife'?

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

Looks like those who were patient won the most.  Some people left, some paid big bribes to the agencies and some only paid 1900 baht and will be able to stay in Thailand for a long time without hassle (I hope so). 

You don't pay any bribes to agencies. Agencies are legal whatever your "friends" have told you. Whoever the agent pays, that's another story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Awesome!   The right thing to do, and makes me feel better.  But what about the under consideration stamp?   And what about the 60 day extensions after October 31?

The extension after October 31 depends if you can go back home or not. That requirement won't probably not change. 

1 hour ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

Awesome!   The right thing to do, and makes me feel better.  But what about the under consideration stamp?   And what about the 60 day extensions after October 31?

You will probably get another 6-7 stamps in your passport taking up another 3-4 pages along with needing a new set of 20 pages of documents in triplicate and a new embassy letter.

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

Looks like those who were patient won the most.  Some people left, some paid big bribes to the agencies and some only paid 1900 baht and will be able to stay in Thailand for a long time without hassle (I hope so). 

I don't think it was patience, I believe most of those who stayed without getting an extension of stay did it out of desperation. So it's great they got the extended amnesty. Personally I'm relieved I got my 1 year extension sorted out earlier this month. The losers here are those who paid the big bucks for a dodgy volunteer, medical or education visa. 

So as I understand this latest news, I still need to return to the immigration office where I applied for the extension and received an under consideration on the date stamped in my passport (October 16).  And then I should receive a free stamp until November 30?  Sounds pretty good.

2 hours ago, Kerouacaurus said:

Glad for all the people who had negative feelings about their money lost and anxiety. Another wonderful decision by the government. Well done Thailand for all those who don't have a solution of getting to stay here and legalize the status.

They'll need to continue to push it out until the Emergency Degree has been lifted and the "Covid-19 Pandemic" is officially declared as over.  So, November 31 will bring Thailand back to another potential Public Relations disaster because fining people caught here by the "Covid-19 Pandemic", or worse throwing them in Immigration Detention Centers, would just create a PR nightmare which given their inability to project into the future (ie, plan) I doubt they currently can comprehend.

But in the meanwhile, those caught in Thailand by the "Covid-19 Pandemic" can relax and get on with life for another couple of months.