Travel to UK on visit visa

Hi, I am currently applying for a visit visa for my Thai fiancée, I want her to come and stay with me for 4-6 months as I have not been able to return to Thailand since the start of the pandemic.

I just wanted to know if Thai citizens are being allowed to exit Thailand on visit visas at the moment due to border closures? 
If anyone knows about this for sure, it would be most appreciated if you could let me know.

I have tried looking in google but can’t find the answer!

Regards

Paul

There's no restriction on Thai nationals leaving Thailand or arriving in the UK, though if the restrictions on Thailands borders are still in place after her holiday, she would have to jump through hoops to return and quarantine on arrival.

When your fiancée applies for her visa, she will need to satify the decision maker that her trip is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return home at the conclusion of her trip, always difficult when an applicant is proposing a trip for the length of time you mention. 

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

There's no restriction on Thai nationals leaving Thailand or arriving in the UK, though if the restrictions on Thailands borders are still in place after her holiday, she would have to jump through hoops to return and quarantine on arrival.

When your fiancée applies for her visa, she will need to satify the decision maker that her trip is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return home at the conclusion of her trip, always difficult when an applicant is proposing a trip for the length of time you mention. 

Thank you for your reply, I am hoping she will get the visa, she has 400,000 THB in savings, I am sponsoring her for the trip, I have ample funds in savings also, we have a daughter 3 years old she has a UK passport but I am not sure if this helps or not. We were due to be married in Thailand next month but that has been postponed until next year I have mentioned this on application, again I am not sure if this will help. But I can only try. 

I'm sure you're both aware that it's your fiancée who applies for the visa, not you, it's her that needs to satisfy the decision maker on the points I made earlier.

My point about the length of her proposed holiday remains valid, with a proposed trip of four to six months she may well have a problem convnvincing the Entry Clearance Officer that she will return to Thailand, does she have strong ties here, is she in work, what is the source of her savings?? What are her plans whilst in the UK, do you work, if so what would she do all day.

You have a child together, your probably aware that as the father of a Thai spouse you can apply to visit the child in Thailand, though it's an expensive and cumbersome procedure. 

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

My point about the length of her proposed holiday remains valid, with a proposed trip of four to six months she may well have a problem convnvincing the Entry Clearance Officer that she will return to Thailand,

Also with the current difficulties of travel she will have to convince the ECO that even if she wants to return to Thailand that she will be able to within her visa term.

20 hours ago, theoldgit said:

When my then G/F and now wife applied in 2015 for the 6 months, there were no problems with it. Do not forget that the shortest tourist visa is 6 months anyway from the start date. Yes, you must convince them of good reasons for returning however long they actually stay for. 

Archived